Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embrace murder Gravity

Options
  • 06-08-2004 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Just saw Embrace on Top of The Pops singing Coldplay's "Gravity" and absolutely killing it. Apparently Chris Martin wrote it then let them use it cause they are old friends. But Embrace being complete losers are using it as their comeback single. How pathetic can a band get? Having to get someone else to write songs for them. Not only that but Coldplay's version is about 20 times better- there's live version around for anyone who hasn't heard it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

and where would one "buy" this live-version?
    pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have to say being a fan of both that the Embrace version is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I don't think its so much the point of which version is better. I just think it's sad that a band has to rely on someone else's song to launch their album.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I don't think its so much the point of which version is better. I just think it's sad that a band has to rely on someone else's song to launch their album.

That happens all the time, Scissors sisters first single was comfortably numb wasnt it ?

Advertisement