Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed the SCJP1.4 now what?

Options
  • 06-08-2004 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure which one to go for next?

Anyone done the others recommend or give a brief overview of what is required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I guess its just a matter of personal choice, what area of Java development are you interested in SE, ME or EE?

BTW any tips on taking the SCJP? I was hoping to take it later this year, I presume the 1.5 additions to the language are now featured in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What area of Java development are you interested in SE, ME or EE?

All of them :) I more want to know what is involved.
    fragile wrote:
    BTW any tips on taking the SCJP? I was hoping to take it later this year, I presume the 1.5 additions to the language are now featured in it!

I took the 1.4. There isn't any 1.5 parts in it (that will be in the 1.5 when it is released).

I would say get the mock exams from whizlabs and use them as a study guide (if you fail they refund you the price of the software). Also jchq.net.

Most of the things that got me first were the trick questions. For example.
    class Test {
       int i = 081;

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {

for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) 
               System.out.println(i); {
               {
                while(i < 10) 
                    i++; 
                    char c = 'a';
                    switch (c) {
                        case 'a': System.out.println("A");
                        case 'b': System.out.println("B");
                        default: assert false : true;
                                    break;
                        case 'c': i = c;
                    }
                }
          }
       }
    }

Various different mistakes/gotchas in that, but give you a general idea of what the questions are like.

Advertisement