Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Cheques

Options
  • 06-08-2004 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Well its a tough decision, the ferrari or the yacht, not sure which one to go for. I just received my vodafone cheques (3) for 63cents each. What can I do with them apart from wiping my ass, thats all there are good for. I want to cash them as I dont want vodafone to be of the benefit of my money, I lost enough the first time around. Is there a charity that takes them or something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Just bear in mind if you lodge them that you could end up paying bank charges for the lodgements............ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

...but they'll also be paying for the cheques and the stamp duty on them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

St Vincent de Paul could probably find a use for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

I signed up about a year ago to have my dividends paid as shares, so each time there's a dividend I get about 2 extra shares which isn't too bad.
    Think it's called a scrip dividend, but if you get on to compushare they'll sort it out for you.

Of course, the idea to give it to the SVP is equally good.

Penfolds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I will ring compushare on monday to see if i can get it paid by direct debit to SVP. i know its only 63c but if enough people do it. Will let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭horse7

Should everyone get 3 cheques,i just got one? and the cheque has my name and my daughters on it, pay mr xxxx < a/c miss xxx sum of 33.78euro ,can i lodge/cash this in my bank acc or can my daughter lodge/cash in her bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

horse7 wrote: »
    Should everyone get 3 cheques,i just got one? and the cheque has my name and my daughters on it, pay mr xxxx < a/c miss xxx sum of 33.78euro ,can i lodge/cash this in my bank acc or can my daughter lodge/cash in her bank?

A 10 year-old thread! There have been a few old bumps recently but this must be a record!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If the cheque's not crossed then you both can sign the back and lodge it in whoever's account.

jimmii wrote: »
    A 10 year-old thread! There have been a few old bumps recently but this must be a record!
    I have these shares more than 10 years,and its the first time there has been a payout,so how is this a bump?

I have these shares more than 10 years,and its the first time there has been a payout,so how is this a bump?

A bump is when you post on an old thread nothing to do with how old the shares are?

• Advertisement

apologies, i should repost in a new thread,had just did a search on this and read the last page not noticing the date.

apologies, i should repost in a new thread,had just did a search on this and read the last page not noticing the date.

Thought that might be the case alright! New thread is probably better I doubt many of the people who posted originally are still knocking around!

cheers

Advertisement