Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone here got an opinioin on UL?

• 06-08-2004 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jim_austin

Does any one else think the place is a joke?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I do!

Yeah, i was there for only a year and hated it. Some of the people there are just ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jim_austin

i know what you mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

limerick... never lliked the city ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

tuxy wrote:
    limerick... never lliked the city ;/

Agreed. Its a kip! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yup this is just a personal opinion i dont want to start a flame but i cant think of anywhere else in ireland that i hate as much as limerick city

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Ok well you've gotten all the bad so I going to dissent a little and say that I actually like Limerick. The city has a pretty good night life. And given that you asked about UL, I think its a pretty good college, I'm going into 2nd year computer systems and I've had a great time there. Thats just my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

UL is a really good college, and limerick has a great nightlife..
    Some people wont enjoy anywhere because they are too critical, if u dont enjoy limerick chances are you dont enjoy anywhere else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I was supposed to start my degree course in limerick about 2 years ago (deffered it for a year then re applied to a dublin college instead)

Only reason i didn't go in the end was because i had gotten adjusted to Dublin and liked what was then going on with my life.

I've heard some good things about the Uni, as well as bad, and tbh, I'd prolly still put it at the top of my CAO, simply cause for what i want from my hard work, they offer the best type of Course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

the ratio of girls to us is great!
    nitelife is great craic and ul is a pretty good college!
    with most students from ul living in castletroy, it makes for some great craic!
    and accomodation is cheap and brand new in my case! ;)

Dutchboy wrote:
    and accomodation is cheap and brand new in my case! ;)

Where you staying Dutchboy I'm going to be living in Brookfield apartments. Your right I think UL is pretty good and the nightlife in Limerick is good too.

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

ill be staying in d groody apartments, just a stones throw away! rent is so much cheaper and everythings brand new!
    i heard that the building work opposite the groodyplace is gonna be a pub. dya know if thats open yet? a pub across the road from my place?savage! :D

Axel wrote:
    I do!

Yeah, i was there for only a year and hated it. Some of the people there are just ****!

I was there and I really think it depends on what course you do. The place seems geared around engineering/computer courses.

Its the mickey-mouse courses like European Studies that bring in all the trash. The majority of them should be avoided.

Part of my degree was a language and some of the tutors were a joke

Dutchboy wrote:
    ill be staying in d groody apartments, just a stones throw away! rent is so much cheaper and everythings brand new!
    i heard that the building work opposite the groodyplace is gonna be a pub. dya know if thats open yet? a pub across the road from my place?savage! :D

Cool I'm going into 2nd year computer systems. I was down there last week and nothing has been built yet. I heard that its going to be a pub too, that'll be pretty handy but I'm going on co-op so I probably won't get to use it this year even it is built sometime soon.

Cheers
    Rory

Advertisement