Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob with T2

Options
  • 14-04-2001 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

ok basically the auto update goes to work then after teh second patch install its crashs my comp, has happened 5 times, so i gave up. ne ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've heard of a problem with auto update on Win 95 and Win ME, theyve released a seperate updater for these people...... It seems to be riddled with Bugs at the minute tbh, I cant play it myself...... theres some bug in the CD checker thing so that whenever it checks my CD it disappears and dumps me to Desktop frown.gif I popped unto the help channel and its coming down with people with the same problem frown.gif Patch out wednesday to fix it, but I want to play the game when I get it, not 4 days later frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I had the same problem on W2k. I had to manually patch by downloading it so it would fix that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

I have a total different problem but i know why, I need a better graphics card frown.gif i have a voodoo 3 8MB [old] and i need the new one which is 16MB. To play tribes you need 12MB so i have to wait another month FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have a voodoo 3 2000 16mb card, and i have not been able to play 1 game of tribes 2 so
    far..

i'm running the latest version , np's updating the game .i'm running the drivers for the vid card that dynamix tested the performance of that vid card with(1.07.00).

when i go on line to play i can ping servers
    check the news etc....

but when it loads the objects ( solo game )
    and when it loads the lightning mission ( on-line ).
    i get dumped back to desktop.. ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I have no problems updating either.But i when going for Solo/Lan play ionly get as far as "Initializing" and then get the blue screen and fatal exception error.And when trying for online play i get to enter password and attempt to log in, and it starts,but as soon as it gets to "Verifying login data" it does the same as above,blue screen and same msg,then i hit any key to "close the application".....

• Advertisement

i hear ya mills,i feel the same.
    i was in the on-line forum ( trouble shooting )part, and they said they have a fix for the cd checker, but it has to go through sierra/ dynamix QC biggrin.gif so we have to wait till mid week ..
    well if i cant play this game before friday
    it;s going back.. i'm sorry to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I managed to sort my problem, sort of. If I set the CD ROM speed to x2 it will work, but it takes about 2 minutes to load a game, and I usually miss the first minute or two on map changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

well like this is way out of order. im bringing this back ive tryed the manual d/l and co. but it just doesnt work. when are ppl gona learn not to bloody realse a game when its so ****ing buggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

The good news it that i have fixed the unhandled exeption error but the bad news is i have to run in Direct 3D but its not that bad at all :)
    1)Make sure you are using DirectX 8a, which is available at the Microsoft Site.
    2)Run Tribes 2 and make a few changes in your game config, then close the game. This will make Tribes 2 generate some default folders we need to change.
    3)Open up GameData\Prefs\ClientPrefs.cs. You can use Notepad to do this but don't think the box that says "Open always using that program"
    4)Near the bottom, look for this line: $pref::Video::allowD3D = "0";
    5)) Change that "0" to a "1". So the line looks like this:
    $pref::Video::allowD3D = "1";
    That should allow you to select Direct3D from within the game's Graphics settings. If that still doesn't work, try setting $pref::Video: :preferOpenGL to "0" in that same file.
    Thanks to daerid for this fix!
    Then goto setings the Drivers and you will be able to choose Direct 3D
    Q: I keep getting Unhandled Exceptions when I try and run the game!

A: Make sure you have the latest non-beta drivers for your video card. For nVidia Geforce cards, these are version 6.50, and can be found: http://www.nvidia.com/Products.nsf/htmlmedia/detonator3.html
    The latest drivers for 3dfx cards can be found at: http://www.3dfx.com/downloads.htm
    & And for ATI users, you can snag the latest drivers: http://support.ati.com/products/pc/index.html
    =========================
    i haven't d.l new drivers but im going to tonight but for now im using Direct 3d
    Good Luck
    morph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I get an error on mine. as follows

I'v done the updates (done a auto update and it worked, but still got the prob so i uninstalled it and rebooted and then reinstalled it and rebooted) and done the update form the .exe's. But i still get the error. so heres what happens.

I go to play solo/lan or online and when the game goes to startup i get a small box that appers saying "Unhandled Exception" as the header, in the box, it says "Unhandled Exception: c0000005" below that it says "At Address: 03d98cf6" it has an ok butten that wont do any thing as the error keeps reappering, so I have to use task manager on it.

my sys spec:

Athlon 1Gz
    KT7-RAID (I took off the RAID to see if it would help with any probs i was having)
    512megs of cas2 ram (infiyon) (or how ever you spell it)
    Win2k (a fresh install with sp1 and ie5.5 and all other updates and all the latist drivers for my hardware) (by fresh i mean since friday at 12:30)
    Ge-force 2 gts
    Sblive value

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Most common cause of trouble is that you need to patch the autopatcher before it can patch the game. Cunning, eh? Ah those crazy Dynamix boys....

You can grab the patch for the patcher off a variety of websites, Bazzas FTP has it for a start.

np's here updating the updater or updating the game to the current version.
    also got the tribes 2 first aid thing, checked
    things out copyed files from cd again and hey
    np's updating the updater or updating the game to latest version. go figure eh?
    those crazy dynamix guys eh?

the first thing the game does is update the updater before it updates the game.

some peps have no probs while others like myself have a lot, and have been looking for and trying anything, now we have to wait untill mid week for next patch to correct that CD checker that is causing a lot of trouble, even for peps with no probs untill the last patch.

those crazy dynamix guys, how many times do they need to check for the poxy CD ??

Advertisement