Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Guidence

Options
  • 06-08-2004 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone is in a position to help with a current situation I am facing, or at least cast some light on a topic that has at the moment myself in the shadows.
    I would especially like to hear any comments by Kennett and Keu as from my interactions on this board I have come to understand that they themselves host and utilise there own psychic ability’s and may of encountered a similar situation previous to my own.

In the attempt to prevent flaming I would just like to state that this inquiry is based on my own perception of the workings of life, and thus I would really appreciate if people respected my point of view and respond only with encouraging comments, I am in no way attempting to belittle another’s opinion for I do know it is something that is sacred to each individual but at the moment this is something that I posses a genuine anxiety about and would really appreciate if this was considered before responding.

Thank you

The reason or this post is at the moment I find myself at loss with my own ability, in the past under strain and stress the mundane factors of my life have blocked and perhaps shielded my awareness of the flow that exists within my life, I had come to the understanding it was a protective measure rooted in both my own energy matrix and that of my subconscious helping me focus more on the physical issues then the more spiritual one’s that hold high reign in my life.

It has in the past undoubtedly helped me challenge situations without the sometimes added pressure that I experience from being an empathic psychic, and although presently (whilst ignoring a quiet chaotic factor that came into play and thankfully abruptly ended last week) my life is somewhat a harmonious one.

After moving into a area that view someone of a alternative life style much harshly then my previous and with the constant rumblings of a prejudice which I am confident that I am safely shielded from, and as minor ailment of a close family member I can see no real issue that could perhaps have caused my sense to completely shut down.

Even with the transition I have maintained content and deepening relationship with my partner and am open to the opportunity to living a more earth bond existence and yet for some reason that which I help so important to myself for so long seems to have mysteriously evaporated and left a empty void.

I have for the past 2 years worked on a line dealing directly with divination and because of the resent event I have taken a two week break to try to resolve this predicament which not only puts at risk my own self esteem and identity but what I would interpret as my own level of living.

My financial stability thankfully is not in danger as although the line is in relation to time quiet consuming it dose not provide any significant influx of finances and I view it as simply my own personal contribution to the people out there.

Since last Monday when ever I spread my cards they seem hallow, I sense no emotion what so ever from them, my dreams (and I am a avid studier of the twilight manifestations) have apart from a hazy moment as I resurface to consciousness has provided my with no further insight.

I have for the past three years practiced meditation for no less them forty-five minutes a day and even this seems to be effected, I lack focus and grounding seems to be difficult.

I have consulted my dear friend Mary about this, and she commented that I may in fact be at the moment far to active spiritually then my life path needs and by shutting down I have the opportunity to focus on more earthly matters, but after further discussion we realised that I have quiet a energetic social life as well as a lucid work schedule and am enthusiastically involved in Galway’s GBLT community relations so her suggestion although practical and logical didn’t hold the answer.

I am off to see my Reiki practitioner tomorrow and hope that her expertise can some how relight the flame within me… I truly hope so.

If anyone out there can provide guidance on this matter of they themselves have encountered and over come it in the past, I am very willing to hear from you.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my post

Love and light

Satori

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm afraid I'm quite confused with the above myself. I'm not entirely sure of what the problem is, and thus I'd be at a loss to explain anything :s

About all I can say at the moment, though I dunno if it is at all relevent... Is that I'm still learning about my abilities, of which I discovered I had not too long ago... So I haven't experienced anything of this nature yet. I can certainly understand that you're prolly confused at the moment, due to what I've been able to read, and perhaps the vibe coming from this post.

I sometimes need a little time to let things sink in before I can offer a suggestion, so maybe this could be the case. If I come up with something, I'll be sure to post it, no matter how small it is.

Good luck in the meantime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

Thank you,

My apologies if I have not made ample sense, if you need any more information just ask away!

You're grand. We all have days where we don't make complete sense :)

I consulted a friend of mine who is much more experienced than I am with things like these, and she found the story to be quite vague... Is there any way you could elaborate on what your problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Hi Satori,
    I've always known that numbness is a natural protective mechanism, I've very consciously switched off for about 6 months too, (for obvious reasons...)
    Perhaps there was some transference from an old issue?
    The inability to trust seems to have a rippling factor and I'm not currently a very trusting person (shields up)
    I don't think I'm ready to trust yet either, so I'm just going with the flow and I'm appreciating a different aspect.
    I personally don't have time constraints and I'm content not having to be "tuned in" all the time, or even some of the time, it's like its not really that important to me any more, which I have to say is a good thing right now.
    The "I don't really care" feeling is like a wonderful holiday :)

If its really worrying you or making you apprehensive, don't be despondant about it, just look differently at it
    I'm sure some reiki will fire you up soon enough.
    Journey on

re the past issues...im sorry if I hurt you.

Keu, the past is forgotten *hugs* and thank you for your reply.

Kennett,to simplify it’s a ever frustrating nutshell the limited ability that I do possess seems to have entered a state of passivity, even though the sense was far from the insight that I have known others to hold but to myself as a individual it hosts great importance in not just my life but almost my own self identity…

In all honesty since monday I feel quiet isolated from people and all understanding of the energies in play within my life, what this thread is about is a plea for help if anyone could help me in a way to understand why this has happened and how I can reclaim what I seem to have lost.

Well I’m off to my Reiki I truly hope it sorts me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You need a holiday.

May I suggest Egypt, my spiritual energies and senses were very much heightened when I was there.

I'm afraid I can't suggest anything myself, but what the others have suggested look to be good ideas :)

Thanks for the elaboration as well :)

let us know how you get on.
    I don't know if this will make much sense, but, I spent time estimating my own worth by the value of my ability, which is something I no longer do. I also no longer employ my energies towards areas where it was useful before (working with illness/incapacitation)
    I no longer identify myself as a "healer/helper". Change is neccessary and perhaps sometimes difficult. I think there's more to me than that one perspective and this process is a re-tuning in order to direct energies elswhere.
    I feel quiet isolated from people and all understanding of the energies in play within my life,
    I know how this feels, but I do consider it a re-tune, (your friends suggestion about adjusting focus seems apt) and at the same time, the knowledge you have already learned from experience does not evaporate, you still hold it. I may no longer apply it in the same capacity, but I still know it.
    hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gordon wrote:
    You need a holiday.

May I suggest Egypt, my spiritual energies and senses were very much heightened when I was there.

I recommend Austria. When I was there in the rolling hills and mountains, I could feel my energy rising by the second. It was fresh.

an a holiday would be good ... :)
    i'm off paintablling next weekend, going to do some serious shooting raar
    (and sex helps too.....)

• Advertisement

*looks around for boyfreind* :D

In reflection that makes far more sense then it originally did maybe this break in awareness will help me come to a more healthy balance with spirituality and other issues that would best suit my life path.

I am just back from Reiki, she noted that apart from obvious tension and anxiety there was no real blockage in my energy, to be honest I do not know what this means, maybe the place my ability’s once held in my life no longer exist and I should focus on other things, maybe it in itself is a challenge to embrace the mundane or even that for all my life it was/is a crucial part of my own self identity and life wants me to rely more on others then my own sense’s…

Again I don’t know, which although is frustrating I take refugee in the belief that this will eventually pass, as even now from where I type this I can see my deck of Tarot cards and my old scrying mirror, and even though id love to rush over and set a spread and leave myself open to the emotions that arise right now I know its not the time.

I really want to say thank you to everyone that responded to my post, I really do appreciate it and thank you again for your kindness.

I don’t know what the future holds with this topic, but I do know what ever it is… I will be waiting for it.

Love and Light

Satori

dunno if this will make sense either, but I was thinking about how the last 3/4 years there has been an opening up of awareness in general. As always with events like 9/11 and the following war, the collective mindset was one that was in collusion with itself. People were expressing empathy, one way or the other, a battle of hearts and minds took centre stage.
    now things have calmed down, people have drifted back to mundane thoughts and preoccupied themselves with the ordinary features of daily routine.
    The venus transit signalled a movement of justice. Mother nature stepping in and doing it her way. Saddam was placed before the judge during this time and in some ways Bush and his familiars became transparent too.
    I understand there are other issues still going on but which don't take centre stage, the efforts in sudan being the primary focus. Yet, people are not inclined to empathise with such situations any more, perhaps everyone is worn out. The "I don't really care" movement is taking hold :)
    This can only be a good thing.
    Releasing these issues and handing them over..so to speak, leaves "causality" to deal with the consequences..and we already know that nature has its own way of bringing things back into balance.
    I'm waiting patiently too.

eh..maybe what I meant to say is, whats your sun sign.
    Your probably under the influence of a particular alignment.

Thank you Keu, I am a Cancer sun with a Scorpio moon and my asendent is also Scorpio (yes i know... eccentricity! lol)

I'm not an authority in astrology, but I do keep an eye on whats going on in the sky.
    I'm sure you already know there was a double full moon last week (sunday), being the sensative type (as the moon is your ruler;) this would no doubt have brought a lot to the surface, especially as the month of july hosts the solar return in your sign.
    Oh..and venus just moved into cancer after being in gemini (and retro) since april, so loads of stuff goin on astrologically about you.

This might also be an interesting readthe transit of venus

ps..i'm quite relieved venus has finally moved into cancer ;)
    and from my understanding it should be good for you too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hi Satori,

I'm quite new to all this stuff so apologies in advance if this is a dumb reply.
    From the tone of your posts you seem to be a bit 'too' worried by all this. It seems to me that you're looking for a complicated solution to a problem you've built up too much in your own head by trying too hard to solve it. Maybe you should just take a break, if there's anything else you've been wanting to try out, or look into maybe now would be a good time. I'll leave it there before I start sounding too much like a horroscope, I think you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks Keu for the advice and link :D
    stevenmu ill take that advice on board...

awh thanks guys its nice to know i can source support if i need it :D

*group hug*

Advertisement