Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Positive feedback on eBay means nothing

• 07-08-2004 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

This is just a rant but might prove useful to other eBay users.

I put an item up for sale on eBay. After the user won the auction he was ignoring my e-mails.

I then decided to ring him and he said his bid was "a joke" and he has no intentions of selling.

So, not only did I lose the sale (this item cannot be relisted) but I am stuck with a EUR 20 invoice from eBay.

I set up a "dispute" to try to get the money from the user or at least not have to pay the EUR 20 invoice.

This has made me realise the eBay dispute system is, at best, crap.

He is simply denying everything, claiming I am a scam artist so he doesn't have to pay (his logic makes no sense - my auction was in no way a scam.) He says we have never spoken or been in contact (lies.)

eBay are helpless in enforcing payment yet they still want me to pay the invoice charges.

And get this - they are refusing to let me give him negative feedback.

So beware - positive feedback on eBay means jack ****.

AARRRGH.

Rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

ya i know ebay is so cooler for buyers who change their mind at the last minute :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

I had somethin similar happen to me. I bought a book from a guy who cancelled the order and gave me negative feedback that just says "ebay sucks". Ebay refused to remove the feedback and when i emailed the seller, he spammed my inbox till it imploded. :rolleyes: at least his feedback was true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

What's the problem? Fair enough you're inconvienienced but if you've paid, then you can give him neg feedback and if you haven't paid then what's the big deal
    He's the seller, not the buyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

where does he live !
    lets go get him !!!!!! ive heard about alot of scams on ebay and my friend was saying they took disputes very seriously, i honestly dont know why jokers would go on it, making jokes, eejits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement