Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kudos to Mixie

Options
  • 16-04-2001 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

excellent player. =)

Your running for your life with the flag and scream for help, Mixie shows up to save the day. =)

Your defending the flag and the last attacker takes out your inv station, guess who shows up with a repair kit to fix it. =)

Sutty + Dustaz aren't too bad either.

BTW guys you like my Turret layout I had in minotaur? biggrin.gif Only way to take it out is to throw a satchel down to the bottom of the tube then have another guy at the bottom with sensor jammer to clean up. I noticed one of the NME had the right idea with the satchel but threw it wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

lol thanks wink.gif

You're one hell of a defender (loved Minotaur btw), are you going for that clan with Jag? You and Hunterpx1 would have a laugh on D.

I wanna know how u got past those turrets in riverdance though? (the flag 'room' was surrounded by em, hobbes just bounces in past em, grabs flag, and didnt get hit lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For the gens on Riverdance if I am planning to be in there for a long time I use a loadout with a cloak. I mine the entrance to the gens in a way that I can leave but entering will blow you up. I then take out the gens and sit in there killing anyone who comes in. They tend to come in with more mines + repair kits for me too. biggrin.gif

If I am there for short period I use the sensor jammer and take out thier INV's and drop mines on them. Shoot twice with plasma then mine. The resulting explosion will kill anyone and take out the INV.

As for the flag on Riverdance. I use an energy pack. It gets you in fast and out fast. People tend to lay turrets on each outcrop which causes a blind spot going into the flag long enough to grab and get out.

To avoid turret fire.. The tutorial explains that turrets track your movement so traveling in a straight line the turret will hit you on it's second shot. So when the first shot misses the second one is normally on it's way so I change direction and/or speed slightly.

The correct way to lay down a turret for the flag on riverdance is to lay them on the outcrop but inside wall so they have a clear view of the flag and can't easily be seen/taken out. Or put one on the ceiling of the flag area. Lay down pulse sensors or inv stations around the front ledge to stop energy packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Yep have to agree with Hobbes Mixie you are a damned good player. (I say this even though you killed me more offten that anyone else frown.gif ). You in a clad yet?? If not get onto Jag about Eat My shorts... Now I must practice a bit more (where dav when you want a lan match)

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

That turret setup on mino is pretty damn l33t hobbes smile.gif
    As for you and mixie, every time im on that server i just pray im on the same team as yis smile.gif

Advertisement