Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Worst year Game

• 07-08-2004 3:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

I was gonna ask this as a question but i thought with all the different opinions i thought it would work better as a game.

Time to play The WORST YEAR IN CINEMA GAME!

rules are simple. Someone throws out a year saying its the worse in cinema history. The next person has to prove them wrong by either naming a worse year or naming a truely amazing film made in that year.

few warnings. IF you name a year please name at least 5 horrible films made in that year bonus points if you name another horrible event apart from bad films (death of good actor, birth of bad actor etc)

to deny a year as a bad year you need to name as many good films to outdue the bad films. one good film is 3 bad films. So if you name 5 bad films I will need 2 good films to say its not the worse.

Good films do not need everyone to agree, just the majority. Films which are just average do not count as good films, or bad films. Just ones that will be forgotten. So naming off a load of average films wont work.

Just cause a film won a oscar does not mean its good. just that out of that year there was nothing better

your not allowed go back to 1894 or something and start picking at all the early films (we will start around 1930 or so)

also try to keep it out of the troma and other b-move collections.

if this doesnt work meh.

well then who wants to nominate a year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (goes without saying)
    Mighty Ducks
    Alien 3
    Freejack (Mick Jager acting... brrrrr....)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Honey I Blew Up the Kid
    Memoirs of an Invisible Man
    Blame It on the Bellboy
    Home Alone 2
    Forever Young
    Universal Soldier (a prelude to some of the horrors Roland Emmerich would unleash on us over the next decade)
    Dr. Giggles
    Adventures in Dinosaur City
    Candyman
    3 Ninjas
    Captain Ron
    The Lawnmowerman
    Death Becomes Her
    Boomerang
    Toys
    Coolworld
    Beethoven
    Christopher Columbus: The Discovery
    And lets not forget Carry On Columbas

Actually when I went to look, alot of the bad films I had in mind were from 91 and 93. oh well, I think I'll be sick if I try to remember anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

right

of mice and men (excellent film)
    Unforgiven
    Wayne's World
    Aladdin (Disney Cartoon in your face)
    patriot games
    Batman returns(i liked it so f*ck you):P
    Scent of a woman
    oh and one other erm whats it called oh yeah RESERVOIR DOGS

I just knew Unforgiven would bite me in the ass....

I think there are actually 2 more pretty good films in there to be found!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah well i named enough
    my turn

godfather 3
    Home Alone
    Predator 2
    look whos talking too
    Jetsons: the movie
    back to back
    joe versus the volcano
    the ambulance (the worst horrow of all time counts for 50/60)
    Days of thunder
    almost vegas
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    kindergarden cop.
    air male
    Baby blood

I can't stand Scent of a Woman... or Patriot Games

Millers Crosssing
    Cyrano DeBergerac
    Nikita
    Europa Europa
    Abraham's Gold

Goodfellas and The Hunt for Red October were out that year as well.. but personally I don't care for them either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement