Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one get started?

• 07-08-2004 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Im interested in archery am looking into taking it on.
    Where do i get a bow and how much are they. And where are the best places to actually play.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Try the Getting Started Thread perhaps. It's there for a reason! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Only problem is irisharchery.com is still down.

Give us an idea of where you're living and we'll try to remember a local club for you. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think the recognised way to start is to go out to the garden and shout:

"Bring me my bow of burning gold
    Bring me my arrows of desire
    Bring me my shield, O clouds, unfold
    Bring me my chariot of fire"

and then wait a bit. Alternatively, you could boot up Google and enter "archery" and your locality, and see if any clubs or lessons come up; I found a course in Clondalkin that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seanmartin

I'm new to this forum too, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but if anyone can tell me of a club close to Portobello that would be nice. I was in the archery club in UCD a few years ago. In fairness, I was only a student there for about four/five months, but while I was there I enjoyed the sport. I'd like to get back to it if anyone can advise me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

irisharchery.com still not working :( When it's up, look at the full list of clubs there.

Anyway, of non-college clubs, in South Dublin, there is only Dun Laoghaire club. In North Dublin, closest to Portobello is Dublin Archers in Whitehall/Raheny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

As well as Dun Laoghaire, there's also Greenhills archery. That might be easier to get to from Portobello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seanmartin

Thanks for the help. I'll look into it.

Advertisement