Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new pub in Cork tonight

Options
  • 07-08-2004 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Out in Cork tonight & fancy a change from Scotts & the Old Oak.....

Any suggestions - has to be central Cork

Ta

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Mutton Lane is not a bad pub with a good selection of foreign beers. Just off Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sounds worth a try - whereabout off Patrick street is it - whats it near ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you're standing outside HMV there's two little lanes across from you; the Mutton is down the left-hand one.

adam

Cheers kind sir ! will give it a try tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Mutton Lane is a nice spot indeed, but it can get very packed. Denneheys on the Coal Quay, across from the Bodega, is a great little pub

• Advertisement

Thanks Dudara - might try that one as well, I'm feeling adventurous ;)

Just had a call to say that the rest of the gang may be crying off, so good chance to try a few new spots !

If it's dry get yourself up to the beer garden in Tom Barrys on Barrack Street, about a third of the way up on the right.

adam

lol - at the rate these recommendations are coming in - I'll be lucky to stilll be standing :)

Whats Tom Barry's like - any good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Franciscan Well. tbh. Well I'm out in Brunos tonight (i hate the place) for a couple of bdays. The bróg and Wellers are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tom Barry's is really nice, the beer garden is walled and covered in flowers. Very nice indeed. you should definitely try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

The Tower has a beer garden. Its up the laneway next to Nancy Spains.
    Free barbeque and three euro a pint.Great when the weather is good!

Beer garden's great, bar's a frickin' dive.

adam

Thanks guys - got to Mutton Lane & Tom Barry's......great evening, raining a bit too much to use the beer garden, but def on the list for those finer summer evenings......whenever they come !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm a bit late but if you're a regular in Scotts and the Old Oak, you might prefer Aoife Lander's or (omg I'm useless with names) that bar in that hotel on the South Mall. What a description :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I'm a bit late but if you're a regular in Scotts and the Old Oak, you might prefer Aoife Lander's or (omg I'm useless with names) that bar in that hotel on the South Mall. What a description :rolleyes:

Souths ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's the one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement