Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dcu?

• 07-08-2004 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just got an acceptance letter into year 2 of the comp applications degree. Just curious if anyone has any helpful info or anything like that about the college or the course. Just finished up a national cert at NCI. Didn't cover some topics that were covered in year 1 at DCU.

Has anyone else ever done this before and run into problems with modules etc.? Not sure if it will be a major hindrance or not. I'm looking to go into the software engineering stream

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Eh, just finished that course. Second year is a total bitch and it's usually the year that most people trip up in. We used to have options back when I did it, but I think they've since scrapped that idea.

Uh, anyway first year in that course is pretty basic stuff. The only computery stuff that is done is learning how to do some basic Java programming and learning a small bit about computer architecture. The rest is languages and politics and stuff like that. I'm sure the cert from NCI will set you up nicely for second year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Whats DCU like? I've heard its a real nice building, but also the dcu is the most anonymous place on the face of the earth. I'm starting a course there next month, so I was just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

briano wrote:
    Whats DCU like?

fan-bloody-tastic.

its what you make of it really, i love it, some people dont.

Advertisement