Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<free> meteor sim....

• 07-08-2004 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

ok went to meteor the other day and saw they have a free sim card offer.

I was thinking of trying it out but there was a long line to the till...

was wondering how do you get it?I'm already on O2 but would like 2 try meteor 4 a bit 2 see how they compare...

is it no strings? can you just get it 4 nothin and put it into your phone, or is a change of operator required??

I have an unlocked Ngage so am not bothered that way

anybody can enlighten me cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

anyone know?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

saw one of those 'free sim' things on the back of a tesco reciept (you know, the coupons)... says to bring it to the carphone warehouse, so maybe give that a try, or ask in your local meteor shop... see what you have to do etc (I imagine it is no strings attatched, once your phone is unlocked to all operators, then you can swap the card around all you like, there didnt seem to be any small print on the coupon like *when you buy a phone worth €200 or more)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

from their website
    http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/keepyourphone.html

Get a free Meteor SIM with €100 credit!

Available from Meteor Stores, The Carphone Warehouse,

Xtra-vision, 3G and participating Meteor outlets nationwide.

Get €10 credit for 10 months:
    Just top up by €20 each month to avail of the €10 credit.
    You also qualify for free Meteor to Meteor picture & text messages if you top up by €20 in one go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

You pay 20 euro and you get the sim with 20 euro call credit. So in that sense it's free.

It's quite a decent offer. I'd top up by 20 a month for the free 085-085 texts anyhow so you end up with the extra 10 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

cheers 4 that! might do that instead of gettin cred next time for my fone!
    cheap way of trying it out!!!!
    thanx 4 the info guyz
    Later!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

keep an eye out for one of those coupons on reciepts.. the one I have says "free meteor sim car with €100 free call credit". only small print is 'terms and conditions, and expiry date'. I'm gonna see if it really is free, or free in the cheating way of you pay us €20 we give you that back in credit.
    If it is the latter I'm gonna bitch and moan until they give it to me (threaten to lodge complaints to managment, meteor, advertising authority etc etc). I will raise the point that to say its free while in reality I have to hand over money in return for something of equal value allows them to claim all their products are free. Can vouchers be classed as free? I pay €20 for a €20 voucher.. Are your phones free? I pay €200 for an item with a RRP (and thus value) of €200.... wheres the difference?
    And so on.... should be fun..

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

The sim card is free....unlike the other networks here

After that, it's up to you how much credit you put on it...
    If you top up by 20 euro a month for 10 months, they will give you 10 euro a month as a bonus! That's your 100 euro free credit......Also, if you top up by that 20 euro you are entitled to free text messages to other meteor phones AND free picture messages!!!

Who can complain about that????

<edit>By the way, I have a couple of these sim cards if anybody is interested. Just PM me your address and I'll post them for free. I got a free one a month or two ago and asked for another few when I was getting it............First come first served</edit>

Advertisement