Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to Gameshops server

Options
  • 16-04-2001 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

OK, since i see this every half hour or so, i thought id post it here.
    If you use the connect command to get onto the gameshop server, you wont be able to spawn and youll be renamed poser.
    If the server isnt showing up on your euro list, edit your filters to show all servers (include the million or so us ones) and wait till the refresh has finished pinging all the servers (dont bother waiting for the querys). Gameshop should show up now, mark it as a fave, return to your euro only filter and join from there.
    Sorry if youve worked all thios out for yourself, but ive seen about 10 Posers in the last 2 days smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I don't suppose anyone knows how to make the server come up in the European Listing? I have tried changing the auth server, but that doesn't seem to work and the Support from Sierra is laughable frown.gif

Thanks for posting the info Dustaza smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You could try the region mask as in clientpref.cs

$pref::Net::RegionMask = "32";

32 is europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

AHA!!
    I was one of those Poser's smile.gif

Thanks for the info Dustaz!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

that used to happen to me before the server was updated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Thanks a million. I still dont understand why one cant connect properly using Connect. But since theres a way around it that will do almost as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement