Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screw Job?

• 07-08-2004 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I have finally seen it.

I have read lots and heard lots of different spins on it, but having seen it, here are my thoughts.

Michaels knew about it, no doubt whatsoever. He had bret in the Sharpshooter for all of 5-6 seconds when Earl called for the bell. Earl literally scarperred. Michaels looked surprised at first, then he left the ring, where Vince directed him to grab the belt. Michaels did so, and almost ran from the arena, with Gerald Briscoe pushing him down the run way. Michaels had a worried look on his face. He didnt celebrate, nothing.

What a joke. Anyone who says Shawn was aprivvy to what happened, really should watch the incident, Im sure that his/her mind will change.

What are others thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Where you see it? i have never ever had the chance to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

you can download it. I just typed in 'bret hart' on kazaa and a bunch of people had it.
    There is an incredibly detailed and accurate account of what happened on brethart.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

http://www.brethart.com/montreal/facts.asp

Thats the link for the story. Any idea where one could get wrestling with shadows???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

e donkey s where i got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

What i dont understand is why Bret refussed to drop the belt. Your going to a different compainy you drop the belt, simple as that. I know he didnt want to drop it in Canada but surley somthing could have been arranged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

What i dont understand is why Bret refussed to drop the belt. Your going to a different compainy you drop the belt, simple as that. I know he didnt want to drop it in Canada but surley somthing could have been arranged?

and if you had of watched wrestling with shadows you would have seen that something was arranged, he would have dropped the belt to shawn the next night on raw.

But vince being vince didnt want to take that chance, and so the screwjob happened

You can find wrestling with shadows here http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000INF5/qid=1091948278/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-7591034-9663110?v=glance&s=video&n=507846

Cheers
    Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Michaels has admitted that he knew what was going on. This debate has appeared on the board before. Personally i don't blame vince for doing what he did, one of his top stars was leaving for the opposition and there was nothing WCW would have loved more than to have a wwe champ appear on their tv show with the belt like alundra blaze did. At the same time i don't blame bret for being as upset as he was considering he hated michaels before the incident, and from what i've read michaels is a prick.

Funny thing i read recently, i assume you all know about bret hitting vince after the match in the dressing room, appartantly vince wasn't going to go near bret after the match, but the undertaker told him to go talk to bret because the rest of the wrestlers were upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Micheal claims to have found god since his return to WWE. He dosnt seem as cocky or arrogent as he did before he left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

the thing was that bret had somewhere between 2 weeks and 1 month left on his "notice" (not sure on the exact amount of time) but vince didnt trust him to not turn up on nitro the night after survivor series with the title and do an alundra blayze. several wrestlers had appeared on the competitions shows while still finishing notice periods, and in theory bret could have done the same. tbh though i personally think bret has more class than to do that. bret had agreed to either do a leaving speech on raw the next night and vacate the title, or job it to shawn whenever. just not in canada.

maybe im missing something but it seems all vince had to do was keep the belt with him that night. that way if bret dosent show all vince has to do is go out on air and strip him of it.

i watched brets shoot in its entirety last week and i really will be a bit dissapointed with bret if he goes back now, after his "im a man of principle"
    speech on OTR. shawns shoot is something to behold alrite, he really does love himself and talks himself and his friends up constantly, and trips himself up several times. im sorry but the guy can find jesus all he likes i still think hes a smarmy prick for all the ****e he pulled back then.

btw bill wrestling with shadows is available on amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I saw a good analyse of it on Confidential obviously bias but good anyways...I've also been reading about it since 97...Vince was wrong..He signed Bret to a career long contract and couldn't make good on it there for Vince was really in no position to say Your going, drop the belt...of course its a given that he would before he left one way or another..unfortunately Vince chose Another. The Confidential show had actual footage from inside the locker room after the match with Bret and Shawn and then more of Vince coming out of Brets Locker Room beatin and limping..It was an awesome show. I'd definately suggest it...I also saw one with Shane v Kurt at KOTR with commentary on it

Advertisement