Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for no.1 Kill Bill Volume 1 or 2

• 07-08-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

What one did u like best?
    i loved them both so much i cant decide but all vote away.

Volume 1 or 2? 102 votes

Volume 1
    0% 0 votes
    Volume 2
    45% 46 votes
    There both amazing
    28% 29 votes
    I didnt like them
    26% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I prefered number 1. I thought number 2 was great but it didnt hold your attention as well as number 1... It was also too long. ACtion in number one was better too , and it was just much cooler

SEcond one had great standoutish scenes though like the caravan fight and the burried alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i liked them both but 2 was more appealling to me. Cant really explain it. I'd need to sit down and watch them both again but i liked 2 alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

I liked 1 better. Although they were both bad films IMO. Quentin is a director who has bought into his own hype and now in himself is a brandname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i liked 1 much better than 2 which I thought was total total rubbish. Im not too fond of people having a **** over this movie either claiming thats it the greatest movie ever, its a total copy of the best parts of asian cinema. 1's better than 2, but there both poor poor movies compared to any asian martial arts movie, give me zaitochi anyday please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I liked Volume 1 better. It was much better paced, the soundtrack stood out more and the action drawed you in more as did the storyline. I know people say Vol. 2 was better for the story but I felt the story was a bit of a let down in Vol. 2, at least in Vol. 1 you had intrigue. When people mention Vol. 2 they mention it for that cool chinese guy, sure he was cool but can you really exalt a whole movie based on him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

The problem was that Volume one had most of the action, where lots of characters you don't really cre about get killed. Volume two had more character development. If the two were the other way around, it would have been better. I don't really which one I prefer, so I won't vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Volume 2 by far. Volume 1 was simply a scene for scene remake of Lady Snowblood, whereas 2 had some modicum of originality to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loved Volume 1 - especially The House Of Blue Leaves scene and the soundtrack! (Santa Esmerelda's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is the perfect song for that final fight also!)

Volume 2 - the first hour and a half was great. But that last half hour with Bill was somewhat disappointing! But not a bad movie by any standards.

So, i voted for they're both amazing, in my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Vol 1 just because it was cooler :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

You have to view them both as a single film, I watched them back to back a few weeks ago and together it just seems better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i think they need to be considered as one long movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

when is volume 2 being released on DVD? can't be too long now surely

Mossy Monk wrote:
    when is volume 2 being released on DVD? can't be too long now surely

Being released in your local store on Friday..

.. that's my weekend viewing sorted!

Think i'll have to wait for the boxset for buy them though... as the extras on the Vol.1 (that's been released) and Vol.2 (due to be released) are sh*te!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ChumpStain wrote:
    You have to view them both as a single film, I watched them back to back a few weeks ago and together it just seems better.

I agree. The slow scenes of KB2 are best appreciated straight after the pace of KB1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I loved them both all the way, they both were brilliant but not as good as Pulp Fiction :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

basquille wrote:

.. that's my weekend viewing sorted!

Think i'll have to wait for the boxset for buy them though... as the extras on the Vol.1 (that's been released) and Vol.2 (due to be released) are sh*te!!
    There are copes of Kill bill volume 1 2 disc special edition but ive onlty seen it in dutch, i came back from holland expecting to find the 2 disc special edition for sale here but its not :(

As for volume 2 special features i love delted scenes so i am happy with the kkillbill2 special features.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

part 1 was better in my opoinion,

User45701 wrote:
    There are copes of Kill bill volume 1 2 disc special edition but ive onlty seen it in dutch, i came back from holland expecting to find the 2 disc special edition for sale here but its not :(

As for volume 2 special features i love delted scenes so i am happy with the kkillbill2 special features.
    I love deleted scenes too... plural...

.. However, the Volume 2 DVD features just 1 (!!) deleted scene!

Take my advice! Wait til Christmas - we'll have a boxset of it with tons of special features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

elvis2002 wrote:
    Im not too fond of people having a **** over this movie either claiming thats it the greatest movie ever, its a total copy of the best parts of asian cinema.
    Tarantino makes a fun movie but this is unfortunatly very true

basquille wrote:
    I love deleted scenes too... plural...

.. However, the Volume 2 DVD features just 1 (!!) deleted scene!

Take my advice! Wait til Christmas - we'll have a boxset of it with tons of special features.

if i had a job i would buy both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I much preferred Vol.1 even though it was a total rehash of lady snowblood et al.

Vol.2 just felt ... lacking, for whatever reason. I felt it spent too long trying to explain the story behind Vol.1 and not enough time on itself (if that makes sense to people?).

But, all said and done, neither is particularly awe-inspiring, and their rival Zatoichi (also a remake, but a new angle) was much better than either and/or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I preferred Volume 1. Loved the fight scenes although I thought the best one was the simplest and least stylised one, the one between The Bride and Vivacia right at the start.

Oh and thanks Karl Hungus, I knew I had seen that swordfight in the snow before but could not think of the name of the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I liked vol 2 better. Probably cause i enjoy seeing flashbacks so you know how they got to that point. I also thought that it was funnier as well, I couldn't stop laughing at some things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

basquille wrote:

wasnt released in my local store on friday :(

looked all over waterford for it :(

Mossy Monk wrote:
    wasnt released in my local store on friday :(

looked all over waterford for it :(
    It was available here in Sligo in Chartbusters and Xtra-Vision since Friday. I think Ireland usually get the DVD's supposed to be released on Monday in England on the Friday beforehand.

Think it's the same type of deal as with music singles / albums - all singles or albums that are released in England on the Monday are released here the previous Friday.

Anyone else seen Volume 2 in their local store?

Ye i bought it i thought the deleted scene was good but i didnt like the enemy who bill fights the actor just didnt fit into thge role right but if they used a different actor it would have been good.

Xtra vision have killbill2 now

Yeah, it's the scene with the battle with Michael Jai-White (think that's the actor's name) in the alley - a few shots from it are in the very first trailer released for the film. And a lot of Kill Bill fans wondered where it would end up.

I'm waiting for that special edition, did anyone else read they're planning to do with all the Kill Bill releases? Basically, they're releasing..

-First release of Volume 1 (already been released a few months back - not much on it)
    -First release of Volume 2 (one that's just been released - not much on it either!)
    -Special edition of Volume 1 (with plenty of extras)
    -Special edition of Volume 2 (with plenty of extras)
    -Boxset of the Special Edition films (two above in a boxset)
    -Boxset of Tarantino's first 4 films (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill)

Since i already have his first 3 films in a boxset (got it for great value at under €30, i'll buy the boxset of the Special Edition films)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I prefer Kill Bill 1, simly because, at the time I saw it in the cinema it was something entirely different to what I'd seen before.

Ideally, you'd view them as one film, but it wasn't released as one, so it's difficult not to simply break it into two havles and say you preferred one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Just saw Vol 2 and I preferred it, all the characters seemed more real in this one, but they are both amazing....just a pity Vol 2 didn't have a Manga sequence like Vol 1

• Advertisement

Just watched them both back 2 back and it was great it is just one movie but 1 thing i LOVE is the credits at the end of Volume2 they are so good.

Kill-
    -Bill
    is actully my faverate movie it is just so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 allyourbase

The only good thing about Vol 1 was the showdown at the house of blue leaves and the only good thing about Vol2 was the fight in the trailed with Darryl Hannah. Darral Hannah is still hot and so is that chicky who played Go Go Yubari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Vol 1 kept my attention better just because there was so much action and cool fight sequences. But Vol 2 had a bit too much talk, it was like it was trying to make up for the lack in Vol 1, but it was funnier and had much more of the deadly Elle...
    Loved Vol 1 for the fights, liked Vol 2 for the pure evil of the charachters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Comment from Elvis2002 about rip-off of Asian Cinema.

Tarantino makes a fun movie but this is unfortunatly very true
    Hang-on I think you've both got it wrong. Tarantino had everything in there as an "hommage" to a galaxy of Asian Classics. E.g. the blood-spray thing was an hommage to "Battle Royale" ((I think) - maybe there was an original and this was likewise and hommage). A lot of the more unusual detail from Bruce-Lee flims was also represented. E.g. ending of Fist of Fury. There was a lot I didn't get I'm sure.

If you don't believe me just watch Pulp Fiction again. Was that not an hommage to every vampire movie ever made? (Uma Thurman - and the adrenaline injection). This is what Tarantino does. Can't see anyone doing an hommage to From Dusk Till Dawn though :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Liked them both but probably go with volume 2 again I don't know why. Both are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tusky wrote:
    ACtion in number one was better too , and it was just much cooler
    Well, I'd use the word stylish, but yes I'd go for KB1.
    Can't see anyone doing an hommage to From Dusk Till Dawn though :)
    Flatmate "Are we still watching the same movie?"
    :D

• Advertisement

Just after watching them both again
    1 has better action but the dialogue in 2 wins

KB2 is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I like no.1 better. I prefer my films to have more action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

No1 was better- there was more action but the story was still explained you got the jist. I liked how Lucy Liu's character history was explained. I think there should have been a character history shown for every character. Would have made it more interesting.
    Part 2 was boring in places. Too much talking, just to fill up time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Agree with what only a handful of people seem to have picked up on.

Don't think you can say which was better cause they are meant as 2 parts of a whole movie and as such this means they are better when taken as a one movie.

Advertisement