Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help meeeeeeee with IOLBB

• 07-08-2004 5:48pm
    Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭

Guys i know the answer is staring me in the face but i just dont see it. This friday gone i received my IOLBB modem. I ran the set up and installed the driver, so far so good. Got to the part were i had to enter my details and it runs the test, failed two of the tests. reason for that i had forgot the password the nice lady gave to me when i ordered.

Now here is the problem i got the password, when i entered the IP addy in the address bar it wanted to connect to the net as normal on my dial up. I went into the tools menu and selected to detect lan settings. That did not work. Next i deleted the dial ups and that did not work just kept getting no network connections on my screen.

I reinstalled the software again and now have the same prob, i cant make it detect the BB modem, i mean i know my comp is at least pinging it and it also tells me ive pulled it in when i connect the USB. But for the life of me i just cant make get the ip addy to work through it. Anyone with IOLBB should have an idea of the steps any advice???

Comments

well I have iol broadband and never had to put in an ip address the modem found that automatically.
    All I did was put in my username@iolbb in that field( in that format-dont forget to put the @iolbb on the end of your user name) and then my password and then clicked connect and then the ip add and gateway automatically came up.

As far as I can remember you just adjust your browsers settings ( via the tools menu ) to connect via a LAN( not dial up ) and set it to auto detect and you are away!

Especially if the config web page of your modem in your browser automatically gets the IP address for you.

Others may know more.

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

I will try the lan settings again see my problem is today i cant get to the screen to enter my user details. whe you installed it when you finished you were brought to a IE explorer screen where you enter you details when i install its opens IE and instead of getting that screen i get a dial up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

dark_knight_ire, It sounds like you're trting to "configure" your modem using you're own "username and password."

I don't think you can do it that way.

What I did was hooked up the modem, inserted the CD and opened the Web Browser, typed in the ip address (make sure you type it properly) and then a box comes up looking for username and password. Use these and hit enter and when the window changes configure you're modem using the "Wizard." From then on it's very straightforward.

Follow the little Manual and you can't go wrong and remember to use the name and password that's in section 4, page 10.

Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

dark_knight_ire: I just signed up and recieved my modem about the same time. Are you using the modem with a USB cable or network?
    It sounds like your gateway isn't setup. Typing 'ipconfig' at the command prompt should render something like
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

The IP Address may be different, but the gateway should be set. DHCP should pick this up but it may not. If not just enter that gateway in your LAN settings.
    HTH

thank you gents :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

Got it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Hehehehe, well it sure sounds like he got it working.

Mick.

Lol i got it working. I done all you guys said and that did not work, rang esat today and you know what i was asked. Did you hit the reset switch on the back of the modem. That was the damn problem all along and there was me beating my head off a wall trying to figure it out. To make the weekend worse waterford are out of the All ireland

Advertisement