Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone at The Wailers last night in the Red Box??

Options
  • 07-08-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Did anyone have the misfortune of going to this gig?? What a sack of s**t!!

It was billed to start at 7.30, saying that Firehouse Skank would be on first. We got there at 8.30 and there was a queue outside. The very impolite door staff said it was because the band were not ready and they had no idea how long we were going to be waiting.They expected people to just stand outside indefinitely paying €28 for a ticket. Not me....we headed around to the bleeding horse for a drink. Came back at 9.20 and they were just letting people in!
    So we're inside, and we wait, and we wait and we wait some more. And finally The Wailers come on (what happened to Firehouse skank??) and they are FanFu*kingtastic......for about 20 minutes and the power goes on one side of the stage. It's about this time we start to notice that the set up on the stage is very strange, the band are total crammed on top of each on and the keyboard playing is off stage behind them and he dosen't look comfortable.
    So while the poor Wailers try to keep things together by singing as loudly as they can the sound guys are trying to sort out the problems. The sound comes back for one song and the place is really heaving, everyone is having a good time and bang... sounds gone again. This time The Wailers walk off stage (in fairness who could blame them) but they didn't say anything to the crowd so we are all just standing there wondering what's going on.
    No staff members come out to tell us anything either and at this stage the crowd are going wild. Then bouncers come out on the stage and just stand there staring at us. At this stage people are leaving and rodies are on stage packing up the bands stuff and I'm thinking that €28 isn't worth 4 songs.

Then, fair play to them, the band come back on stage, they say that there are technical difficulties but that they'll keep trying. They do an acoustic version of Redemption song... which was the stuff of legends and near the end of it the sound comes back and they play another song and the place is really really jumping and everyone if forgetting about the past mishaps... and then the sound goes again... the band walk off stage and everyone starts going totally mental!! The band come on stage to get there gear and are slagging off the bouncers and everyone is booing! The Wailers were trying to make things better by signing autographs and saying that next time they play we'll only have to pay half price but people were not happy! The Red Box tech staff obviously fu*ked it up and just couldn't get it back together, but really shouldn't some representative have come out to apolgise! Anyway, when they did play they were really really good... but I wont be rushing back to the Reb Box in a hurry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

actually could someone move this to gigs/events... stuck it in the wrong place...sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thats a ****ing disgrace, i'd have gone ape. i would be getting my €28 back if i were you, or at very least i'd do €28 worth of damage to the RedBox - like steal their PA system, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Well I've sent emails to the bands management and to the promoters. The bands management are naturally blaming the promoters and they were very nice in their reply but basically they are not going to help me. And of course I haven't heard back from the promoters yet! But I'll keep trying!

Advertisement