Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an 'is it possible' question

• 07-08-2004 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Hello the good people who bothered to click on this thread...

... Im thinking of buying an O2 siemens c65 camera phone . I have no experience what so ever of camera phones so this is possibly a silly question but is it possible to email a pic you take with the phone to a PC if you've no email client on the phone ??N if not is there anyway to upload your pics to your PC ?

thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭lazernuts

Yes, it usually gives you the option of sending as email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

if not, you should be able to get a data cable and software which would allow you to get images, ringtones, etc from your camera to your phone, and vice versa. I havent looked at the specs, but if it has IR, you should be able to use this in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 opthrcks

I don't know the Siemens c65, but it doesn't matter if the phone has an email client or not.
    When you send a picture from your phone (whats called an MMS message), you compose your message, and when you're ready to send, you'll be asked the phone number of the person you want to send the message to. Instead of putting in a phone number, you can put in an email address.
    Your phone will submit the (MMS) message to the O2 MMS message centre, it will see that the address of the person you are sending to is an email address (rather than a phone number), and it will forward the message to that email address as an email (with picture attachments etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for the replies everyone .... its been appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

chilly wrote:
    Im thinking of buying an O2 siemens c65 camera phone

hi, you haven't already the Siemens C65 portal has the manual and other sources of info like FAQs / Troubleshooting:
    http://www.siemens-mobile.com/c65

bear in mind the camera's max resolution 352x288 pixels (CIF)

as you've noted there is no email client on this model so MMS is how they are providing remote image sending (as opthrcks notes you can send to an email address using MMS) - suggest you ask at the likes of Club-Siemens.net as to the functionality of using the Phone Manager Software or Infrared to transfer images to a PC with this handset model

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement