Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Reunion!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

crash_000 wrote:
    The frames and their asslickers do NOT make a good music scene *rolleyes*

What of Damien Rice, Damien Dempsey, Bell x1, Snow Patrol, Mundy, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Meh just have something against them because after talking to a number of musicians you realise that its quite hard to break into the dublin music scene without being friendly with that group - also you realise that you put Damien Rice and BellX1 in the same sentence? that'll lead to fights that will.

And snow Patrol are from NI not ROI :P </pedantic>

<edit> how in the hell is damien dempsey good?!? He sounds like he's busking and busking badly. in fact i can busk better than he can. I;m gonna stop this rant because it;ll just hijack this thread but still, Damien ****ing Dempsey?!

ireland has a produced some of the best and most influential musicians/bands ever and it currently has a pretty good music scene.

Ireland is an island. It contains the independant country-Republic of Ireland, and the seperate state that is a constituency of Britain-Northern Ireland. the above is non-specific as to which part of Ireland it refers, so I'll take the general term-Ireland. So there.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

pinkpimp wrote:
    Ireland is an island. It contains the independant country-Republic of Ireland, and the seperate state that is a constituency of Britain-Northern Ireland. the above is non-specific as to which part of Ireland it refers, so I'll take the general term-Ireland. So there.

A tad incorect - it contains the political entity called Northern Ireland which is part of the UK of GB and NI, it also contains the political entity called Ireland (which is often referred to by its descriptor republic of Ireland)...

see http://www.irlgov.ie/aboutireland/eng/irstate.asp for the Official Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hannahC

Don't you guys have Bono and uhhhh, what's her name, who ripped up that picture of the pope? Sinead something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There's the tiniest possibility that Aonghus was being sarcastic
    Well done Aldwell.

Talented youth, aye Guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

The name of the state is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland.

So there you are. I know more of the Constitution than that little "derive under God from the people" bit.

Excuse me for my error in the formulation of my sentance. I'm trying to write in english, and I'm Irish, you see. The first language of Ireland (the republic at least) is Irish (the language, Gaeilge) so if I make a few linguistic errors, you'll have to bear with me. In any case, my point was that I was taking the word Ireland to mean the entirety of this island on which we are situated.

ps. Sinead O' Connor and Bono are an extremely false representation of only part of the Irish music scene. (the same goes for Bob Geldof)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Alrite after that nice little discussion on Irish artists how about we get back on topic and re the Cork reunion:who's going?is it worth turning up to the station at a ridiculously early hour during the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

It bloody well is. Whenever there's a reunion in Dublin I've to get up at 4:30 in the morning just to get the bloody train. Now YOU can suffer! *evil laugh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

even if you allow for the north south divide ireland still has a pretty good music scene.
    also when talking about the music scene i am not solely referring to the bands who originate from this island i am also talking about the fantastic concerts that are held here, e.g slane oxegen/ wittness.
    i am also talking about the things done in ireland to nurture the scene,e.g green room sessions which,when offering tickets to see some up and coming bands for nothing, has lead to the discoveryof some great new talents. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Dermo wrote:
    excellent, I will actually be in Cork anyway on the 25th. Reel Big Fish are playing The Vault that night, anybody know where that is?
    im not sure where it is but the band supporting them "onoff" are pretty good and theyre worth a notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Dermo wrote:
    excellent, I will actually be in Cork anyway on the 25th. Reel Big Fish are playing The Vault that night, anybody know where that is?
    erm, the Vaults are under Connolly Station, so I hope you don't mean there! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

im not sure where it is but the band supporting them "onoff" are pretty good and theyre worth a notice.

dude, I know onoff, I've seen them loads of times. there new stuff is excellent. a lot better than some of the **** they have done. the guys I'm going down to cork with happen to be supporting onoff on the thursday in the hub.........hopefully we get back in time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 farry aka faz

:rolleyes:
    I'm new to this boards site as i only just heard about it 2 weeks ago from a fellow CTYIzen. From the amount of this boards site i have explored so far there were no mentions of a dublin reunion (probably cause i don't have broadband and cause my computer is so old!!!)

But my eyes opened wide in amazement when i saw the words Cork and reunion in the same sentence! It was a first for me anyway.

The 25th sounds good. Hope i can make it (i definetly cant make trips of 4 hour long drives to Dublin reunions), as long as i don't get knocked down by a bus (highly unlikely as there aren't as many buses in Cork as there are in Dublin! Unless we Cork ppl have an SBO (Secret Bus Organisation) It is just one big conspiracy!!!!.....)) See my use of DOUBLE BRACKETS? Great use of the Irish language!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Dermo wrote:
    damn you dermo

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

ok so... who from dublin IS going to the cork reunion? i dont wanna be all lonely and stuff on the train if i go... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

ok, about this cork reunion-train from heuston to cork-special-offer-E10 return ticket thing.....
    (taken from http://www.irishrail.ie/your_ticket/special_offers.asp?action=view&news_id=42)

Summer promotion Day Return fare €10 is valid Monday – Thursday until 26 August from Dublin only.

On Cork/Limerick routes available for departures from Dublin Heuston from 10.00 hrs until 13.20hrs

i vote that instead of getting the 0830 dublin-cork train and paying approx e20, we get a later train. the irish rail site is being a bitch and won't let me find out the exact time so somebody find out a later train (around 10am), now.

ok. so can we all sort out a time & place for dublin people to meet (in dublin) so that the lazier of us don't have to organise or do work?
    Isn't it better a group goes together organising a means of getting there than a number of individuals organise their own ways... because someone's gonna end up in Roscommon or somewhere... And it'll be me... And I don't want to end up in Roscommon... Its ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Okay here's the plan;
    We all meet under the thing, thats next to the other thing. Ok?

• Advertisement

see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arse

ARSE! It's either 08:30 or 10:55. Your choice, but 10:55 is half the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

arse wrote:
    ARSE! It's either 08:30 or 10:55. Your choice, but 10:55 is half the price...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=182589

Less than a fifth of the price tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arse

Oh GOD! That's quite expensive. Well, eleven it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Well the Cork reunion was today... I wasn't there but... How was it everybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I wasn't there either. I HATE my parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there is even a chance that I won't be able to make the 28th I'll have to get the bus from Mullingar and I have no idea where to get it from. Anyone elso going from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

twas all gud in d hud.a gud reunion, but not a patch on d dublin one.aileen turned up agen and bought us sweets!!!we love u aileen!!!

best.
    reunion.
    ever.

seriously.

thanks everybody

yeah, but it wouldn't have been half of what it was if i wasnt there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

OnOff are ****e. Not as ****e as Mixtwitch, but ****e none the less. That's all.

Advertisement