Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downsides of win xp?

Options
  • 07-08-2004 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

service pack 2 for xp is ment 2 have some anti piracy bits? raven shield does the same but i want to no if there are any anti-patches especially for raven shield?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

eh, what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Apparently the anti-piracy measures from Service Pack 1 (i.e. it wouldn't install if you had used one of several known-to-be-pirated codes) won't be used in Service Pack 2, in order that all XP computers can be protected from the viruses/trojans, etc., that take advantage of flaws that will be fixed in SP2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

hopefully everyone will install this one and put and end to all this virus spam

and airetam_storm, its highly unlikey that a service pack for windows will repair your cracked install of raven shield (think its a game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

mukki wrote:
    hopefully everyone will install this one and put and end to all this virus spam

and airetam_storm, its highly unlikey that a service pack for windows will repair your cracked install of raven shield (think its a game)

Could he mean that Raven Shield might install something like Starforce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

sorry airetam_storm, i completey missed your point

drivers and stuff....
    holy ****

they say you learn something new everyday,
    but i never thought i'd learn that :eek:

boycott boycott boycott

• Advertisement
Advertisement