Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to go back in time

• 07-08-2004 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Brush ur teeth with the opposite, brushing, hand. ie - u brush with right all time time brush with left.

Now think of being a kid, when ur mam makes u brush ur own teeth first time, ahh memories..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I think I speak for all off us when i say; '?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

it works it works it does bring you back in time, i brought a horse racing almanic and gave it to my mum, and i am a millionair when i got back to today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

:rolleyes:
    Mear wrote:
    Postcount +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Every one knows if you warp around the sun at warp 9,99 (old tos scale of course) you will end up in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

drunken theories

got to love them

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    Every one knows if you warp around the sun at warp 9,99 (old tos scale of course) you will end up in the past

the toothbrush theory would use much less fuel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Economy was never cool ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

If you say the hail mary three times backwards then look in the mirror you'll go...oh wait that's that other trick :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

I use my flux capacitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

So thats why nobody from the future has travelled back in time, because of advances in dental care techniques in the future nobody uses a toothbrush any more, hence they have lost the ability to travel back in time..

Quick, somebody tell Stephen Hawking this has been wrecking his head for years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

[Preacher] wrote:
    I use my flux capacitor.
    Preacher, you just got that in before me!

Was gonna say "Two words..... flux capacitor!"

:D

if he got flux capicator in just before you, how come it took you 50 minutes to reply :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mukki wrote:
    if he got flux capicator in just before you, how come it took you 50 minutes to reply :p
    Well, i thought of flux capacitor first actually. But Preacher went back in time to post it.... smartass!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

pfff get a room in an old hotel, get some old clothes, lock your self in there with a hidden tape recorder that tells you over and over you in the past, and then you will be, but for the love of god don't leave any 'modern money' in your pockets cos that might just bring you out of your retard coma and you'll find your self starving to death in that same room now stinking of god knows what...Don't say i didn't warn ya.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

mukki wrote:
    the toothbrush theory would use much less fuel
    Bah, that'll never work. What ya want to do is go through the Chappa'ai when the destination co-ordinates of the wormhole lie at somepoint on the opposite side of a sun whereby the wormhole itself travels through a solar flare. Obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well we'll have to ask David Hawking about that. He no longer thinks we can get to another Universe through Black Holes. As to going back in time, well if you stay here and send everyone to space, when they come back they will all have gained time on you. The of course in the early hours of the last Sunday in October the clocks go back, so we go back an hour in time then!

Flukey wrote:
    Well we'll have to ask David Hawking about that. He no longer thinks we can get to another Universe through Black Holes. As to going back in time, well if you stay here and send everyone to space, when they come back they will all have gained time on you. The of course in the early hours of the last Sunday in October the clocks go back, so we go back an hour in time then!

em its "Stephen Hawking"

your october one sounds perfect but an hour isnt really enought, we need some way of tweaking that, and if its in the early hours i might sleep through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

mukki wrote:
    em its "Stephen Hawking"
    Flukey is Stephen Hawking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

mukki wrote:
    em its "Stephen Hawking"
    Flukey is Stephen Hawking ?

- I went back in time to make the other post - :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Perhaps we can use this to go back to a time when boards didn't have animated smilies.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Stephen Hawking. That is what I meant. He was in Dublin a few weeks back at a conference, General
    Relativity and Gravitation. I was at a public lecture, but his was not open to the public. The one I was at by Professor Kip Thorne, on probing black holes with gravitational waves, was very interesting.

Flukey wrote:
    Yeah, Stephen Hawking. That is what I meant. He was in Dublin a few weeks back at a conference, General
    Relativity and Gravitation. I was at a public lecture, but his was not open to the public. The one I was at by Professor Kip Thorne, on probing black holes with gravitational waves, was very interesting.

I hear Mr Hawking probed some holes himself in Angels later that night. I am not sure if they were black though, probably eastern European.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I hear Mr Hawking probed some holes himself in Angels later that night.
    At the risk of dragging this conversation further into the gutter - with what? Isn't he a quadraplegic?

At the risk of dragging this conversation further into the gutter - with what? Isn't he a quadraplegic?

I'm not too sure tbh, maybe he has some kind of mechanical stick thing, or perhaps he was just admiring the view, which would call into question the quality of his eyesight if my experiences in Angels are anything to go by. I read it in a newspaper yesterday so it must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I hear Mr Hawking probed some holes himself in Angels later that night. I am not sure if they were black though, probably eastern European.

Quite possibly the most bizarre thing I have ever seen on Boards ever.Also very funny and very racist.The mental image of Stephen Hawkings in a strip club is just so utterly bizarre meditating on it could probably send you back in time....

Quite possibly the most bizarre thing I have ever seen on Boards ever.Also very funny and very racist.The mental image of Stephen Hawkings in a strip club is just so utterly bizarre meditating on it could probably send you back in time....

twas in the Sunday Times yesterday, that pillar of good taste and all that is socially healthy! And to avoid any racist accusations, may I publicly state that they are all black when the lights go out.

Well seeing as I brought Stephen Hawking into this thread, in an effort to bring this thread out of the gutter and back to more scientific things may I first quote Oscar Wilde:

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

and then tell you that if you look to the night skies this week you should see some meteor activity as the Perseid Meteor shower hits its peak midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

you could try it this way

haven't tried it myself personally....

Advertisement