Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Wap 2.0 Settings for K700i - Help!!!

• 08-08-2004 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Sorry people,

I've been though the posts I can find regarding WAP 2.0 setting for O2 postpay and I'm still a little unsure of how to get it working on a Sony Ericsson K700i??

Tried the auto configure thingies to no joy!

If someone can PM me the settings or just point me to a thread I may have missed it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Oakers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

First set up the data account in Connectivity->Data comm.->Data accounts->New account. Give it a name and then you just need the APN, username & password here.

Then go to Connectivity->Internet settings->Internet profiles->New profile. Give it a name and tell it to connect using the data account you just set up above. Press save. Then highlight the profile you have just created, press More->Settings. Set Internet Mode to Http, set Use proxy to yes, enter the IP address and the port number. Press save. Highlight your new WAP2.0 profile again and press More->Advanced->Change homepage and enter the O2 WAP2.0 homepage. Finally, make sure that the correct internet profile is selected (i.e. the black dot is next to your new WAP2.0 profile). Then return to the standby screen and hit the online button and it should work, all going well. :)

Also, if you are still having problems make sure you are provisioned for access to the APN. If you are not sure give O2 customer care a call.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Phoenix,

What Can I say other than thank you very much for a perfect explanation!

Working perfectly and I'm a very happy bunny! :D A bit dim; but very happy! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

No worries Oakers. Glad to help.

Advertisement