Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea...

Options
  • 18-04-2001 9:43am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey - my first game last night - it was cool.

But, I've got something of an idea...

Maybe we could have a "Newbies Hour" say between 7 and 8 where people who know how can be there to help newbies learn about things like deployment of turrets/stations, repair packs, flying bombers etc. It would mean the more knowledgable people taking time out from the game to explain a few things, but I think it'd be a great idea because there were more than a few people therer last night who just didn't understand (I saw someone with an ELF gun trying to repair stuff!).

As for flying vehicles - jesus - it's a lot more difficult than I expected! I was flying a bomber and I think I managed to get to the enemy vehicle pad, but we got shot down smile.gif

Anyway, let me know what you think!

All the best,

Dav
    curlydav.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 18-04-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

not a bad idea dav, Ive never seen the server as packed as it was lastnight, I'ld be willing to help if im online that early altho the best thing for mostpeople to do is read the manual and do the training missions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh rtfm for sure smile.gif

Two things:
    1. If your the pilot in a multi passenger vehicle, do NOT treat it as your personal ride. I was in a bomber as bombadier and the pilot flew us over the nme base, i dropped a ton of ordinance - rockin smile.gif then he turns and lands on a ridge, i thought ok, hes setting a new approcah vector or something, till i realised hed jumped out, and gone on a flag hunt or some ****. thanks m8 :P

2. T2 != CS. Sniping is fun sure, but do people REALLY have to spend all day O sniping? Bring a rifle and weaken defence before your cap run, but dont just pick a position and sit there all day. Your not really helping your team. For instance, i was playing HoF (heavy on flag, for you CS guys wink.gif ) on Riverdance with an inv near the flag. An O sniper was annoying me, but with a shield pack and an inv near me, it didnt matter at all. D sniping is better, but only if your in a postion to chase, repair or whatever if needed. Theres not a lot of point sitting just inside the mission area, 2 k's away from your base waiting for nme's to wander by. Unless your totally r33t and never miss, your out of the game and no use to your team.

Not moaning here, just offering advice smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theres a few scripts out already that will take care of that for you.
    www.tribalwar.com/crunchy
    would be a good one to start with. He also has a FPS hud thats a lot less ugly than the console command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I find that when you drive vehicles it takes forever to turn if you use low sensitivity. I use .14 sen normal and bound a key to 3 times that sens (42) for some of the vehicles. e.g bomber and shrike make the driving alot easier.

Advertisement