Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poxy bugs

Options
  • 18-04-2001 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Having a great time tonight on gameshop, loads o ppl on and i was ignoring the lag generally enjoying myself. Then came a switch of mission. My game froze on 'Loading Objects' just after the cd check. This has never happened before and i havent done anything to the game lately, so i dropped and rejoined. Same thing. Then i restarted comp.tried to rejoin, same thing. tried a BW server. Same thing.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaargggghh.
    This takes the biscuit. i know its a buggy piece of software, but jesus, it just decides not to work all of a sudden?? DId it object to me being owned on a server? Has anyone any ideas? cos as it stands its just be and bloody qixbot on a lan server frown.gif
    I got all the latest patches etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

i tend to have that problem alot, when it does happen i, just click on cancel and rejoin the server, and press the ` key for the console, leave the console on the screen while its loading up and it works, will for me anyhow smile.gif
    gg last night btw Dustaz
    my team won more then yours smile.gif gooo storm smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Thank god im not the only one with that problem. I start it up this afternoon, take a peek at netshop and wonder of wonders there was 14 ppl there. Great i says to myself, and look my ping will only be 170 not bad. So I start it and it got 1/3 of the way loading and stopped. Nothing of it i thought at first, Ill just retry..... nothing. Reconnect.... nothing.
    Restart game..... nothing
    Other servers.....nothing
    Gameshop..... this time it got halfway there before freezing
    Restart game...... woohoo it worked, albiet with crappy lag and constant freezing.

Im getting more and more p1ssed off with developers rushing ( hah ironic to think they rushed out tribes 2 and B&W) games onto the shelves with more bugs than anything else. It doesnt happen anywhere else, so why should games developers feel they have the right to f*ck with us.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this....
    bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OK, i got it to work again in the small wee hours last night. Here are the Exact Scientific results of my research.
    1.reboot the game
    2.restart comp.
    3.reboot game again.
    4.look in tribalwar forum, game forum and sierra forums for related posts.
    5.look at in-game forum
    6.panic
    7.reboot game
    8.hit computer and kick any small animals in immediate vicinity.
    9.restart game, find religon
    10.game worked. the order of these things MAY be important - For instance, if you find religon before kicking the animal, you may be cursed by your chosen god.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's unreal isn't it? The game was late *anyway* and it's still got more bugs than Win200 and Win 98 combined!!!

I'll tell you what, if I wrote software like that, I'd be sacked on the spot! It's hard to believe that they can get away with it...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

they should of had a public beta smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement