Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

texas hold-em up

Options
  • 08-08-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering does anyone play no limit texas hold em up poker as i have a question in regards one of the rules? (you know the one you see on late nite TV on bravo)

I've only just started playing texas hold em up can anyone point me in the right direction in regards the "all in" rule in texas hold em up I've tried the links in this form and cant quite seem to find anything solid about them

any help would be grateful
    Thanks

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, first its Texas Hold 'Em (not hold em up!). If you look at the stickies at the top of the forum you'll find links to all the info you could want.

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The 'all-in' rule is simple. If a player is all-in then they can't be bet out of the hand i.e. even if someone else bets more the all-in player has a chance to win the pot. However, if there is more betting over the amount of chips that the all-in player has bet then there will be a side pot between the players who have bet more. The all-in player cannot win the side pot even if they have the best hand. Only the players who have contributed to the side pot can win it - so the best hand from those players gets the chips.

Hyzepher

Advertisement