Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 308, 328, 348...which?

Options
  • 08-08-2004 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Which would you go for. Logic says the 348, cos its newer, but the engine has to come out to do the cambelts every 7000 miles ( so I read), thats a pain. The 308 is getting a bit old now, but for 348 money a good 308 is possible, And servicing is not as bad. The 328 is supposed to be the most reliabe of all, so I need opinions. Which would you go for? BTW, testarossas are only slightly dearer than the 348, but service costs on the old v12 is horrendous, so thats a big no. A car available in Ireland would be a bonus, as the government want to relieve me of 15600 euro in vrt for bringing a 348 in from UK. I know a 348 is available in Wexford, and a 328 in Athlone. Anyone know where I can view a 308?
    Kersh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Oh the 348. It just looks so Ferrari. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rich fella on the board!!!

Ferraris are far too commen, look for an Aston Martin! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

348, from an aesthetical point of view. The others look too dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Ferraris are far too commen, look for an Aston Martin! ;)

Ah now Mike, you must be just stirring. Favourably comparing a car that will need serious attention every 1000 miles with one that can go only 500 miles, but doesn't have Ford Mondeo parts :D

BTW Magnum's 308 is up for auction now-ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Ferraris are far too commen

Common or conmen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

348 - Look at those lines!!!
    ferrari348_2v.jpg

Of course the soft top looks a tad nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

The Aston is lovely, but if I was considering one of them , it would be a head to head witha testarossa, and the testarossa would win.
    A house is beyond my reach, but a nice car is not.
    Im in Cerbera territory too, but again, I dont want the unreliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

Astons are nice but bear in mind all the "pre Ford cash injection" ones rattle to pieces... refer you to "best of Top Gear" last nite, corroded electricals, badly made Bush suspensions...the one they had had £30,000 stg added to it to get it to drive well!

besides, which one are you going to pull in?! aston or a ferrari?
    the performance and residuals are better on the ferrari's as well and they're better made (and italian)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

308 Gts.

Filler text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

daggeredge wrote:
    Astons are nice but bear in mind all the "pre Ford cash injection" ones rattle to pieces... refer you to "best of Top Gear" last nite, corroded electricals, badly made Bush suspensions...the one they had had £30,000 stg added to it to get it to drive well!

That was a Jag XJS!

jag-xjs-79.jpg

This is the sort of thing I had in mind

Aston-Martin-V8.jpg

Of course your point still stands as AMs were badly built too.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

daggeredge wrote:
    348 - Look at those lines!!!
    ferrari348_2v.jpg

Of course the soft top looks a tad nicer!
    That's sooo nice I thought I would include the pic in my quote :D - 348!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

348 is the one to have alright. But can you really keep one? Ferrari's do get cheaper, looking after them does not! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Servicing is the reason the Testarossa is off the list. Countach is off cos of same. Jus for the record, the vrt on a 1991 348 is 15,600 euro, a 1980 308 is 8,600 euro, and a 1986 328 is 14,500 euro. Although I read that the their will be a discussion about vrt in september, as the EU is not happy with it.

Advertisement