Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defensive Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Seems a bit lame.

Here are my tips to defense (enclosed areas).

1. Your worst enemy is the Sab, not the flag capper but the guys whos objective it is to take out the defenses.

They normally use cloak or sensor jammer.

2. If in doubt, shoot it. You can apologise later. Mention you are guarding an area and tell people to keep out or warn them they will be fired apon.

3. Turn your gen room into a mine field. Drop mines near entrances where someone who is trying to run in and get close to a wall is going to die.

4. Place all sensor network stuff. Especially beacons around the defending area. Place them where in order to destroy them the person has to be in turret firing range.

5. You don't have to turret everything. The flag should get turret priority of 3-4 turrets. Gens only need 2. Place turrets where they can't be indirectly taken out.

6. Lay down a spare inv station. Hide it.

7. If someone comes into the room cloaked the motion sensors will cause the turrets to track them. Wearing a sensor jammer pack will decloak them.

Also use the ELF gun on people. If it's a sensor jammer guy it knock out thier pack and your turrets will do the rest. If it's a cloak guy it will cripple them more.

8. As defense, you directly attacking the nme should be the last resort.

9. Lay down blocking stuff to slow down players, or some way to give an early warning. For example I may lay a beacon in the end of the corridor which doesn't do anything but if an nme comes in they will try to take it out thinking it's part of a turret network around the corner.

10. Use beacons to hide up high in the room.

12. This is a special trick to stop Satchel charges. You can shoot the pack but it takes a few seconds to destroy it. Or you can throw your pack to the ground and grab the satchel. This stops it from exploding.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 18-04-2001).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Also, grab a repair pack (this may seem obvious, but people forget) - if the first wave is repelled, you'll need to get the turrets/sensors/generators back in RAPID! Generators are ALWAYS the priority (and you get a point for reparing one). After that, sensors and turrets - see which is worse. Turrets are usually my preference as I can see if the enemy is making an attack, so the sensors can wait while the turrets shoot stuff wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nice tips hobbes. didnt know that about the satchel charge, thats gotta **** ppl off smile.gif

I know ill get grief for saying it, but i already miss my inv spewer script. I miss being able to lockup bases quickly. Sometimes it was fun to farm and do gen d on maps like IR and SH, and i can see a few bases in t2 being like that , Thin Ice being one that instantly comes to mind.

Speaking of farming, how much does Firedance (? the one like Broadside with the lava and island in the middle) annoy people? Its mortar spam, O Sniping, all that annoying stuff. Almost impossible to turret the flag effectivly too. Anyone have a good layout for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

I though most of those points were coverd by the link. I should have said though it is a guide not a rule book. Anyway I agree with your points as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

i found a good tactic on raindance when the guys were cloacking in, turn your sound up and listen for the cloack pack sound (sensor jammer from t1) then start dropping conc grenades, this will knock their weapon out of their hands plus knock their pack off biggrin.gif

<edit>
    without damaging your precious turrets/cameras/sensors biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by [SN]JAG (edited 18-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement