Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anoying problem with my Tribes 2

Options
  • 17-04-2001 10:25pm

I just got T2 and was realy looking FWD to playing it.Everything is going gran in installing untill i try and play online.All the writing is distorted.Background is fine but i can hardly read the writing.I have uninstalled and installed but nothing will help.I have a PIII 450 and a voodoo 3 on Win 98.Anybody got any clues ? I cant reg as i dont know what it is saying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It appears to be something to do with how T2 renders the text. On my screen the text is distorted but only enough to be messy and is still quite readable. If I move the mouse over it really fast the text gets cleaner for a short while then distorts back again.

I actually found out what is causing it.If i install it and play a normal training game it is fine.It only happens when i try to play online and it update's the game by DLing the update patch it happens.It also says on the box i need a PIII 500 (mine is 450) and a Voodoo 2,4,or 5 ( i have a voodoo 3 FFS ) Why cant games be as simple as quake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

If you have a v3 - get a new card, its not good on anything less than a tnt2u + 192 mb + p3 600

v5 is "ok" but seriously, 3dfx is dead ,

Suds.

I think i will be getting a p4 on the weekend.Must contact Dell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Suds is wrong about the v5. You need a lower spec machine with a voodoo 3. I know this seems to go against the grain, but read the readme file. The voodoo 3 handles their texture movement better (in the tribes 2 code), and so needs a lower spec cpu. So according to their specs, a p3-450 is fine with one. Weird. Revenge for the **** performance of nvidias in deus ex at least
    quozl
    Oh, but he's right about 3dfx being dead. Geforce 2s arent that expensive these days, the mx's are pretty good bang for buck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement