Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Superman.(looking for a song by that name)

Options
  • 08-08-2004 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Hey Im just wondering if anyone knows more about this song I heard all my googling has turned up some frankly bizarre results.Anyways the backing of the song is someone saying "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" slowly and steadiley then the singer goes "Oh superman....Oh mom and dad" and then starts saying "ha ha ha ha ha" aswell-I heard it on one of those all night music things that doesnt give any info on the track-can anyone tell me the proper name and artist so I can track it down.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Hey up, I think you're after 'Oh Superman' by Laurie Anderson (it went No.2 in the UK)? Isn't she married to Lou Reed... Anyway...

O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad. O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad. Hi. I'm not home right now. But if you want to leave a message, just start talking at the sound of the tone. Hello? This is your Mother. Are you there? Are you coming home? Hello? Is anybody home? Well, you don't know me, but I know you. And I've got a message to give to you. Here come the planes. So you better get ready. Ready to go. You can come as you are, but pay as you go. Pay as you go. And I said: OK. Who is this really? And the voice said: This is the hand, the hand that takes. This is the hand, the hand that takes. This is the hand, the hand that takes. Here come the planes. They're American planes. Made in America. Smoking or non-smoking? And the voice said: Neither snow nor rain nor gloom of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. 'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice. And when justice is gone, there's always force. And when force is gone, there's
    always Mom. Hi Mom! So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. In your automatic arms. Your electronic arms. In your arms. So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. Your petrochemical arms. Your military arms. In your electronic arms.

Shop here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002KNM/pd_ka_0/202-6802199-3567853

Biog here:
    http://www.rhino.com/Hotpress/76648pr.lasso

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

jmc wrote:
    Isn't she married to Lou Reed... Anyway...

Yes she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

my mother loves that song........

"look they're american planes, made in america"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

will never forget how it really pissed off my old man when he saw it on TOTP way back when
    my mother (god rest her) thought it was brilliant

mother was always right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Proberly the starkest hit song ever, quite brilliant. Now if I could just find an mp3...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Thats the song thanks Jmc!Definitely a classic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

crazy song - crazy crazy song. I must subject my girlfirend to listening to this (Talk Normal - Laurie Anderson Anthology) a.b.s.m.indie.
    I made her listen to Kraftwerk in the car for ages - was not a happy bunny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there,

JMC is spot on as always! I have it here on MP3 if you cant track it down in real life. Feckin great tune too.

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I made her listen to Kraftwerk in the car for ages - was not a happy bunny. :)

Kraftwerk make perfect driving music what does your g/f like dare I ask?!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mike65 wrote:
    Kraftwerk make perfect driving music what does your g/f like dare I ask?!

Mike.

She has a conventional taste if you know what I mean, lots of pop stuff (Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberwank - also like the Frames, Josh Ritter etc etc - nothing particularily outlandish).

She didn't appreciate Hammell On Trial too much either. At this stage she's kind of relieved if I put on Neil Young.

• Advertisement
Advertisement