Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of the Gameshop Server?

Options
  • 16-04-2001 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just thought I would ask how ppl have found the server so far? is it laggy or good? Should I take out the bots or put more in? Should I lower or raise the player limit? You get where I am coming from smile.gif

Gamb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Its always empty. Thats the only problem. You join and its 8 bots, and 3 people. No idea how to get more people on, you're already on the master list.
    quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Loose the bots. I'm still convinced they cheat and some seem better then others.

We had QUIKBOT on our team, all it seemed to do was run over my mines when I put them on the flag.

The other team had RATEDBOT which strolled up, killed two of us (me in mid-air with a disc from a good distance), stole the flag from an active turret room and capped it before anyone could catch him.

Beyond that it seems empty. Is that server dedicated btw? I play on BW and thier servers come up a different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

My gameshop server is greyed out, noone is in there and the bots are nasty. They call me names and dont listen to me. Apart from that its fine and dandy smile.gif

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this....
    bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

when i get in to play a game the server is
    very good, i hope to get in more often with the next patch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

servers

Grey = incompatable version
    green = MOD (BW use the BWbase mod)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Lose the bots, and the server kicks me once a cycle when it gets to that ice map (begins with a K?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah loose the bots but apart from that i'm after having some brilliant games there...
    I suspect it's usually empty due to two things.. it's early in tribes2 days and not many irish players around compared to cs and tfc etc... so empty servers for a while also ppl don't want to play with the bots!
    but i'm sure it will come of age very quickly

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

The server is cool, the bots are ok, but real players are better. So if it is the bots that make ppl run away.......kill them off. Also can you change the map cycle? there is one map that is crap, I think its dust to dust, where you only have two bases and no way of upgrading your-self.

ps....I really love the maps with the vehicles

pps..... Thanks for the server

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Server is great smile.gif
    Id say lose the bots, it staggers me how they can pull off the l33test MA's and then walk over your mine 10 times in a row.
    Maybe keep 1 bot on, so that the first person on the server has someone to play with smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Surely there is a way of getting the bots to drop once the number of real ppeps on the servers gets to a certain level??? I'll give a sniff around to see what I can pull up on the matter.

kayos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea kick them, did that will Quikbot after the numerous times it ran over my mine (it would stand near the flag, then when I drop the mine it would run over it then step back and wait for the next mine or die). I noticed the bots tend to vote Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

The server is really good lagg wise, I never have any problems with it but the only problem is the bots which sometimes just stand in 1 place for the whole game repeating "i am guarding the flag" are annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Katabatic i think is the level your on about Kayos.

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was on last night - 16 of us and it was grand - my ping went a bit wobbly towards the end of the last game, but that was probably me curlydav.gif

It's cool cause it's not like the CS servers - jammed and too much of a resource hog to allow more than one server per machine wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

last night 0wned, i kicked the bots using the admin functions, they dont seem to have returned

Advertisement