Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Website Errors

• 08-08-2004 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have alot of problems with the vodafone.ie website?? I've been trying to change my tarriff for awhile now, and even webtext gives problems now and again. This error
    "An error has occurred in trying to process your request, please try again later . We apologise for any inconvenience (59). " comes up alot!

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

That website is damn dodgy I hate it,the e-merge site was far more reliable. Maybe delete your cookies because there might be conflicting data there.It worked for me.
    Hakko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I get ".......for any inconvenience (49)" errorall the time when I
    try to top up.

It really pi$$es me off. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I had 185 text messages left yesterday, now it says I have used up my 300 monthly allowance. wtf is going on here! Very dodgy site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I find the Vodafone site to be very unreliable and buggy. I'd say that 9 times out of 10 its broken when I go to use it, or has some problem or other. One of the worst sites I've ever used. If they can't get a website working properly what faith do you have in their other systems like billing etc. Personally I've none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I find the Vodafone site to be very unreliable and buggy. I'd say that 9 times out of 10 its broken when I go to use it, or has some problem or other. One of the worst sites I've ever used. If they can't get a website working properly what faith do you have in their other systems like billing etc. Personally I've none.

Very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

I take it you've all been on to customer service about the issues? If they don't know, how can they be expected to sort it?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

oneweb wrote:
    I take it you've all been on to customer service about the issues? If they don't know, how can they be expected to sort it?

I was on to them repeatedly, they either say there isn't a problem, or that it will be fixed shortly, which it isn't. Last time I went looking for an upgrade it too about 4 or 5 weeks before I could login and see what upgrade I was entitled to. Then they billed me twice for it.

I asked them why are there constant problem with their website and they said they there wasn't. So either I'm the only one complaining, which I doubt, or they can't be bothered. I assume its the latter since these problems have been going for eons.

Have to say in all my dealings with vodafone I never end up better off. Without exception every change ends up costing me more money than it did before. My bills no matter how much I try not to use the phone end up costing me more and more.

I've given up and switched to prepaid. I hadly use the phone at all now. My next change will be to meteor. Which I expect, will have worse service, it will at least be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Error 59 is a temporary error if I remember correctly. It occurs from various unavoidable reasons but its definetly something that you will experience for a short time. When it occurs, just log out and check back a few hours later and its pretty much always working.. I have experienced the problem myself but it is mainly late at night.

Would the problems you are occuring be happening between the periods of say 11pm and 5am? If so, the fact the customer care do not have access to any life systems during this period also may give some idea of whats happening. Access to systems during these periods is pretty much withdrawn to facilitate backups and what not..

Customer care will tell you this if you call during that time period. I would certainly suggest giving Vodafone a call and see what explanation they give you.

Just to say, I would imagine managing a website and a Billing System is quite different. The fact the Billing System is responsible for collecting your sole source of income suggests it would checked and re-checked on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I have not been using it for long. Errors when sending text messages are the main ones that I have come across so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I've given up and switched to prepaid. I hadly use the phone at all now. My next change will be to meteor. Which I expect, will have worse service, it will at least be cheaper.

I'm on meteor. Moved from O2 a couple of months ago. It really is great. I have had no trouble with them. Its been a postive experience! We now have number portabilty, why not make use of it? Switch to O2 or Meteor, if you think they are crap, move on...

It will cost you EUR 20 to switch to Meteor and they give you EUR30 credit. Which is probably equal to EUR45 Voda. After you spend your money if you aren't happy, go to O2.

People seem to be very loyal to their phone companys. If you don't get the service you expect, move. It will only force the companies to improve.

• Advertisement

Flukey wrote:
    I have not been using it for long. Errors when sending text messages are the main ones that I have come across so far.

That would be more of a local prob I think.. Never witnessed anyone with persistent probs with this service at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Error 49 relates to a problem with Vodafone internal mail server. This means that the back end email was not sent to have the CC payment put through.

Error 59 relates to a problem with your actual mailbox. It may be corrupt and the best thing is to get Vodafone to delete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Error (59) kept appearing for me when trying to change the Price Plan Options of a ReadyToGo handset (the Vodafone email for that account was working fine though)

ended up just calling 1850208787 and changed it using the automatic menu system

BrianG

Error 59 relates to a problem with your actual mailbox. It may be corrupt and the best thing is to get Vodafone to delete it.

yeah not sure about this one myself...

Advertisement