Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my 6600 is broke.

• 08-08-2004 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

hey last night i went to bed with my phone on my counter (full battery) and when i woke this morning it was switched off. strange i thought but i proceeded to try to turn it back on again. when i pressed the on button i got a white screen but it stuck there and after about 10-20 seconds it turns off?

what's wrong with it?

is there anything i could try before taking it back to the meteor shop where i bought it? i can't get to the shop until next saturday :S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i bought it on the 1/07/2004 so i hope to jaysus it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Try the Nokia Centre first, they might be able to fix it on the spot (Or tell you what wrong with it :) )

blah blah blah

Axel wrote:
    Try the Nokia Centre first, they might be able to fix it on the spot (Or tell you what wrong with it :) )

where is this nokia center?

i'd prefer to get a new phone outta this as i have a sratch on my screen. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, there is a Nokia Service Point in The Telephone Centre further up the same side of the street towards Stephens Green - they could take a look at it anyway and tell you what could be done... their no is 01-8722542 if you want to give them a buzz

alternatively the Mobile Phone Repair Co. out in Sandyford are great for Nokia servicing

also, last time I passed the Nokia Store the Nokia branding was gone replace by O2 so it looked like a regular O2 store now (from the outside anyhow)?

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

did u try reformat it?
    Something like that happened to me. (for the record, overall my 6600 has no problems)

to reformat it (back to the way it was 1st day):

switch off, hold down green key, "3" and * and power on, keep them held till it says formatting.
    Ulll loose phone nos etc unless you did a backup.

maybe try restarting it in safemode first, by holding down ABC key (the pencil key) while its starting up.

safe mode and formating don't work :S

i'll pop into meteor on saturday.

should i be able to get a new one if it's under the warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

also, last time I passed the Nokia Store the Nokia branding was gone replace by O2 so it looked like a regular O2 store now (from the outside anyhow)?

Yeah ... it is an O2 store now ... no longer a Nokia store. If there was one things O2 needed it was another store in town :)

• Advertisement

blah blah blah

k cool, i'll love playing mr. badass but i mostly do it over the phone :D

one more thing do i bring back just the phone or bring all the boxes and stuff back?

blah blah blah

Advertisement