Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer pictures/sounds from pc to motorola v525

Options
  • 08-08-2004 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

just switched to vodafone and got a motorola v525. i'd like to be able to take images from my pc and get them on my mobile. just wondering what is the handiest and cheapest way of going about this?

i know the v525 is bluetooth enabled. don't think my laptop (dell 5150 running xp pro) has any bluetooth support as is. from looking at previous posts/googling it seems a usb dongle might work for me though? where can i find a cheap one of these that should *work*?

i also saw that getting a datacable could be an option? would this work also and would it be cheaper?

thanks in advance!

Comments

Hi there, I've seen USB Bluetooth dongles available for as little as €20.

For data cables, the official Motorola data cable costs €39.99 in a store here But you can get compatible ones off ebay for a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks for the reply karsini. that sounds reasonable! so which should work better then? i've heard this bluetooth lark can be a bit temperamental?

I have no personal experience with Bluetooth (I have a V300 - no bluetooth) but I have heard of people having some issues with it.

Also, the mobile PhoneTools software on the Motorola CD-ROM is only a 30-day trial version, so you'll need to register it if you want to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well, not if you were using an up-to-date Widcomm Bluetooth implementation which is still better than what SP2 provides ;)

but at least it's finally getting there with better support built into XP SP2 now, although when initiating pairing/bonding from the PC it will jump in and automatically sets up COM Port(s) associated to an individual device though... which can get quite messy as you add devices... this is only after adding a couple to test out...

sp2_bt_com_port_frenzy.gif

but you can manually set up incoming / outgoing 'generic' COM Ports which are then visible when performing a device discovery from another device (e.g. COM3 in the example above)...

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement