Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woops!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Id keep it on the kit , it could be a reminder of they're season in the Premiership before they get relegated and dont get back for maybe 5 or 6 years .

A team that finnishes 6th in the first Division(Championship) isnt good enough for the Premier League .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

A team that finnishes 6th in the first Division(Championship) isnt good enough for the Premier League .

I don't think it's a black and white as that. If memory serves, Palace were doing very badly in Division One til Iain Dowie took around last Christmas. After that they won 17 matches from 26. If he were manager from the start they might have won the league. I for one hope they survive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

id like to see them survive but i cant see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, Dowie took 'em from relegation battlers to play-off winners. It was quite a remarkable change of fortune. Out of the promoted three, I'd put money on them to avoid the drop before the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

IMO the 3 that came up are going straight back down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Anyone who has one of the mis-spelt shirts should hang onto it. If the number sold and not returned is relatively low it might actually appreciate in value in a few years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

mayordenis wrote:
    id like to see them survive but i cant see it happening.

ha ha. no way!! i think they'll be the first side not to win a game.

terrible team to watch, havnt made 1 decent signing this summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

VinnyL wrote:
    ha ha. no way!! i think they'll be the first side not to win a game.

terrible team to watch, havnt made 1 decent signing this summer...
    I wouldn't go that far. They have an excellent forward line in Johnson (division 1 top scorer with 28 goals), Shipperley, Freedman, Black and new signing Torghelle (scored the 2 goals when Hungary beat Germany a few months ago). Wayne Routledge captained the England under 21's and won 2 youth player of the year awards. He's only 19 and definitely has the potential to make England's left side of midfield his own. They're certainly not short of goal scorers. Popovic, centre half, has around 50 caps for Australia, so they have a safe pair of hands at the back.

A full house at Selhurst Park won't be something to look forward to for the likes of Man U. They may not stay up but they'll certainly win a few.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

eirebhoy wrote:
    Popovic, centre half, has around 50 caps for Australia, so they have a safe pair of hands at the back.

It's not Aussie Rules, you know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Anyone who has one of the mis-spelt shirts should hang onto it. If the number sold and not returned is relatively low it might actually appreciate in value in a few years time.

Yeah, I think the one flaw in that plan is that we're talking about Crystal Palace. Unless they go mad and start winning Championships, I think they'll settle for the ground opening up and swallowing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's not Aussie Rules, you know :)
    ? Have I missed something or have you never heard of Popovic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eirebhoy wrote:
    ? Have I missed something or have you never heard of Popovic?

'safe hands at the back' : usually a term used for goalkeepers .
    In Aussie Rules a centre back(if there is such a position) would use his hands though .

thats what you missed .

Advertisement