Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specs

Options
  • 09-08-2004 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey im after upgrading from my crappy computer an i was wondering are these specs ok for playin battlefield, i no their not great but mabye they will do until i can afford a btr budget, lol. Jus tell me also wat else could i over clock other than my graphics card to speed up gameplay. Im usin stuf from my old pc, well its two yrs old, jus that its all crappy an crap really, im using the power supply an the cd rom drives. Is it possible to use my old hard drive, can i totally clear it an make it kinda new by wiping everything from it, coz i heard its better 2 use two hard drives for gaming an to put all the games on one hard drive an keep all the other misc stuff on the other one. How can i do this. Thanks for all ur time an hopefully u can helpz me or something.
    Cheers

Intel P4 2.4 1MB Cache
    Abit IS7-E2 Mainboard 800FSB
    DDR-DIMM PC3200 512MB DDR
    Gainward GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR
    80Gig Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you can overclock your processor aswell but that setup would play BF quite well so no worries imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ah yea, it'll run no probs. Thats similar to my system. You'll get everything to at least medium quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

that'll run it alright, its about the same as mine and I can run bfv full detail offline, online is a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Whats wrong with yours, tba? How come you cant up the details online? TBH i thought only your connection speed affected how you play online.

Deadwing wrote:
    Whats wrong with yours, tba? How come you cant up the details online? TBH i thought only your connection speed affected how you play online.
    exactly 56k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

tba wrote:
    exactly 56k
    ...he's just moaning about his dialup again...how many threads of the bf fourm has he moan'd bout it in now ? :rolleyes:

As a mod of the Bf forum and a former 56k'er, I'm going to allow any form of 56k gripes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

As a mod of the Bf forum and a former 56k'er, I'm going to allow any form of 56k gripes.

So its ok to gripe about him griping at his 56k conection? :D

Thats what the man said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

all of us, or well most of us are former 56kers, tho really back in the day it was more like 14kers, now that was something to gripe about.(there was that brief peroid at being a 9.6ker, but i don't think in need to go into the fun that was..)

and ain't their a forum for such bitching? ireland offline if i recall...

• Advertisement

I was merely suggesting that a turned down graphics option does in fact give a better ping, prehaps not a lot to notice but it does.

Now if youll excuse me Im going to go get shot on navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

get a T3 landline (45Mbit/s)! that'll run anything at all....... eh nevermind

Advertisement