Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pleasure of Therapy?

Options
  • 09-08-2004 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

I've just *found* troublegum on the interweb years after losing my copy of the original. What an album!!

"Here comes the girl with the perfect teeth, I bet she won't be smiling at me.
    I know how Jeffery Dahmer feels: lonely, lonely"

class!

Also brings back memories of them playing in Dalymount park at Sunstoke (92?) at the height of their powers as support to the chili peppers. It seemed at the time like most of the crowd was there to see them. I was there for the chilis and being quite a bit younger and smaller than the Therapy? heads, I remember being scared sh1tless by the warfare in the moshpit, nearly going down plenty of times. To put it mildly, they fuxin rocked that night. Pity they never quite emulated the success or quality of this album afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I dunno, have you listened to "So Much for the 10 Year Plan" ?

Also, they have a new album coming up in a few weeks. They are rather good, I went to one of their homecoming gigs in Belfast, and I have to admit it was rather good, although it was packed a bit too tight, even for my liking.

They're still excellent....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Sunstroke wasn't 92, it was 93 or 94.

I saw them at the Kilmeaden Bike Show in 91 !!!

Were my fav band for a long time, saw them in the point in Dec 95 with 2 other bands from the north that I liked, Ash and Joyrider (look them up) as support. I thought Infernal Love was as good an Album as troublegum, deeper yes, not as many 3 minute pop punk type of songs but really grows on you, obviously loved nurse, pleasure death and babyteeth also.

When Fyfe left the band though, they lost something and have not been the same since

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

god i haven't heard therapy in Years .
    t'were my first ever gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think Therapy? are the bee's knees. I'm surprised no radio station on Bloosmday had the line "James Joyce is ****ing my sister" on the airwaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

they are working on a new album at the moment, and they're back to a three-piece, they are such a class band, they only dodgy album they had was shameless, but High Anxiety completely made up for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Korny

Saw Therapy? 2 months ago in their home town of Belfast in the Queen's Uni SU building,they were a class act.

Although so were Funeral For A Friend who supported them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I lost my tape years ago...they played the 1992 Trinity Ball if I remember correctly (slight haze).

CathyMoran wrote:
    I lost my tape years ago...they played the 1992 Trinity Ball if I remember correctly (slight haze).

Now why can't we have Therapy?? There's nothing overtly wrong with the Divine Comedy but I'd much prefer Therapy? over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Ah the Therapy? I resurrected my tapes recently when I had to drive a car with no CD player in it for a few weeks.

Class stuff. Really. Remember one of their gigs a few years ago in The Olympia - brilliant. Brought the hubby's bro with us, iniated him into the clan - I think it was his first gig.

Ah, memories. Still looking for Troublegum on CD though.

Korny wrote:
    Saw Therapy? 2 months ago in their home town of Belfast in the Queen's Uni SU building,they were a class act.

Although so were Funeral For A Friend who supported them

As did I. The only decent FFAF track was the cover of Black Sabbath they did with Dickinson, that was pretty damn good. They're good musicians but thei singer lets them down terribly, as does their writing skills.

Therapy have yet to live up to Troublegum again, but they have released some pretty good tracks since all the same. Hopefully their new album, which is due soon, will be a comeback one....

Civilian_Target

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

As did I. The only decent FFAF track was the cover of Black Sabbath they did with Dickinson, that was pretty damn good. They're good musicians but thei singer lets them down terribly, as does their writing skills.

Therapy have yet to live up to Troublegum again, but they have released some pretty good tracks since all the same. Hopefully their new album, which is due soon, will be a comeback one....

Civilian_Target

i think high anxiety is as good as troublegum
    my favourite therapy album is suicide pact though
    think its the best they have released

I never got round to listening to High Anxiety, I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Have to say that i dont like semidetached, church of noise was a terrible song. Just after throwing on high anxiety, under rated album. But favs are Babyteeth and Pleasure Death, pure class, they're going on next..... :D

I'm a suicide pact kind of guy (but I'm not that kind of girl :D)

Advertisement