Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask not what your netshop can do for you....

Options
  • 19-04-2001 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Ok everyone,
    I had this idea. Since Netshop have been so good to us, providing the server's and all for our enjoyment, I thought it would be nice to give something back. If we raise enuf cash, we can give them some money to upgrade their server. So I racked my brains for hours and hours until I came up with a solution.

How can we make some money, while providing people with a service, that people would pay for. So this is what I came up with.

New patches, upgrades and useful software come out all the time, but due to the vast majority of us using 56k Modems, It causes inconvenience to have to download them all the time. So my plan is this

I will monthly, post CD-R's with all the latest game patches, including

Half-life + Mods (Firearms etc)
    Counter-Strike Maps etc.
    Quake 3 Updates, Point-Releases etc.
    Black & White Updates
    Tribes 2 Updates
    and new game demo's
    and alot alot more.

What I need from you guys is basically £25 for a yearly subscription. Now I know most of you are looking at this and frowning. But if you work it out, its just under 7p per day! its not much really when you look at it.

If you work out how much it costs you to download patchs, including the time it takes, or if you like to buy game mag's to get the patchs, it still works out cheaper. It costs me about £40 for 100 CDR's so depending on how many people are interested in this idea, we could raise enough money to Upgrade the netshop server to the latest and fastest Motherboards + Processor.

This will quash the problem of CPU usage on the machines and allow them (in theory) to run the servers, only efficiantly.

Comn guys we get all this service off them for nothing, Lets give them something back. I will be making NOTHING out of this, so dont even start with that ! biggrin.gif All proceeds go to Gambler when all is said and done.

Your comments ?

BTW This applies to anyone anywhere in the EU.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All proceeds go to Gambler when all is said and done.</font>

i dont know what you have heard but Gambler doesnt work for netshop anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Yeah but he maintains the Server (u clep) tongue.gif

RentZ

Advertisement