Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave Inchicore - Dublin 8

• 09-08-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering has anyone else out there gotten the new ripwave thats running off the Digital Hub mast?

We've tried a couple of locations in Inchicore and either the modem has a problem or else theres just no reception in the area.

I got it on friday and to date its just not working.

Anyone else had a similar experience or have you got it working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I live really near the RTE mast and am having no luck with it. I have a USB modem, what is yours? I really crave decent Internet access but at moment I have nothing. At least I am not the only one with a problem thus suggesting the fault lies with IBB and not that I simply cannot get a signal.

Moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

machalla wrote:
    I'm just wondering has anyone else out there gotten the new ripwave thats running off the Digital Hub mast?

We've tried a couple of locations in Inchicore and either the modem has a problem or else theres just no reception in the area.

I got it on friday and to date its just not working.

Anyone else had a similar experience or have you got it working?
    Did you call support and ask them about it?

I got my 3.5GHz modem on Monday, but didn't get home to try it out until 8:30. Plugged it in at the back of the house, where I can see 3Rock, and got a red flashing light. Plugged it in at the front, where it should see RTE, and got a red flashing light. I was pretty annoyed, and figured there was no point in calling them at 8:45PM, but I did anyway, and surprise, surprise, I got through to support! He said he'd go and check something, and all of a sudden, I got a solid orange light. I don't know if my modem hadn't been properly registered (he didn't ask me for any details) or whether it was "just one of those things", but it's working now.

I got the impression that I'm set up for just 3Rock, but I'll try it in some different locations during the week, and see whether I can get signal anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well to give the support guys their due at least they have called us back about the problems. The only suggestion so far is to return the modem to have it tested and see if its working properly. They apparently can arrange to have it picked up and brought back to IBB.

It seems some of the modems have had to be returned due to problems with them so hopefully thats whats wrong.

I have an ethernet modem by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bolditalic

machalla Did you get your ripwave working?

I live in tramyard , inchicore and am thinking of getting one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

No it never did work. I'm the other side of the village from the Tramyard down off the main road a bit so that may be part of the reason why it didn't work (although it didn't work in a few other locations in Inchicore either).

You should be able to get bb over the phoneline in the tramyard though (as I managed to check some numbers down there at one point). Of course that depends on whether you want a landline.

You might have more luck as the tramyard is that much closer and a good bit higher than where I am. I know of somone on Bulfin road who has it and it works fine for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bolditalic

thanks, have ordered it... so fingers cross, actually on top floor of tramyard so hopefully i'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kieriam

Hi bolditalic, anyluck with that that ripwave in the Tramyard? am buying in the Tramyard am wondering whether to bother getting a landline.
    A mate of mine (also in the TY) got Esat Broadband and it worked fine.
    Cheers!

Advertisement