Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone upgrade

• 09-08-2004 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

I rang Vodafone at the start of june the said i could get an upgrade the 16th of july I rang again today and they said i would have to wait till the 31st of aug :o , what should i do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I rang Vodafone at the start of june the said i could get an upgrade the 16th of july I rang again today and they said i would have to wait till the 31st of aug :o , what should i do

Not believe the dates you are been given. Vodafone's customer care do not have the facility to tell you what date you will qualify for an upgrade. I would imagine the person you were talking to in speculating and committed to that date to appease you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Register on www.vodafone.ie

It'll tell you if you actually are eligible. As JTG says, customer ops can only specualate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i rang vodafone up roughly 5-6 weeks ago and they said i would not qualify for an upgrade for another 3-4 months.

i registered on vodefone.ie and for a period of 3 weeks logged in once a day and clicked the upgrade button. After 3 week it said i was eligible. I upgrade my phone last week.

now i am not saying me clicking their upgrade link once a day for 3 week influenced but it does seem a bit weird!! anyway, do not pay any attention to what the vodafone support person says. believe if you rang up several times and each time got a different person but asked the same question you would get a different answer/opinion each and every time!!

--laoisfan

ps. the SE Z600 is very nice, simple easy to use and not too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I'd definetly agree bout vodafone.ie. I got an upgrade recently. Our rep said we weren't able to get one for a few months. Logged on to vodafone.ie & i was able to order the same day.. Got my phone delivered to work 2 days later!!

Danni wrote:
    I'd definetly agree bout vodafone.ie. I got an upgrade recently. Our rep said we weren't able to get one for a few months. Logged on to vodafone.ie & i was able to order the same day.. Got my phone delivered to work 2 days later!!

Again just a coincidence.. The same criteria is checked whether you call the helpdesk or check the website.. Basically how much you have spent in the last 12 to 24 months.. I.e. spend loads of money and you get your upgrade sooner or spend ?20 a month and wait a long time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Once you have spent at least 12 months with Vodafone there is 1 simple way to get an upgrade .. phone CC and say you will port to O2/Meteor if they do not give you an upgrade, they will speak to a supervisor and 99% of the time they will class you as eligible. They have to keep their churn rates low ...

Fungus wrote:
    Once you have spent at least 12 months with Vodafone there is 1 simple way to get an upgrade .. phone CC and say you will port to O2/Meteor if they do not give you an upgrade, they will speak to a supervisor and 99% of the time they will class you as eligible. They have to keep their churn rates low ...

In other words, they dont want a customer to leave and go to O2 or Meteor...

Advertisement