Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi's and Kids

Options
  • 09-08-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Tried to book a taxi with some under twos...the rule is they need a baby chair (not sure details)...anyway no one does these...one company wanted to charge the meter rate for pickup of a chair at the depot and then collet us, deliver us and then to return it.....

If the law says the child should be in a seat then the Taxi companies should be made to carry these or have a system....

before I scream abuse at the carriage office any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Just wondering, what would happen if you ordered one specifically for disabled people with Wheelchairs (sorry it's prob not the most PC way to put it) and simply put the buggy in and secured it in the same way you would a wheel chair.

Even if the taxi guy refused to take you it would be funny trying to argue the point and then threatening to report them to the carriage office.

But I feel for you, I've never had that problem with taxi's but I know what it's liek tryign ot manage public transport with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Good poin. My issue is not that they would take the buggy or not...its that in an accident they are not protected i.e strapped with 5 point harness etc.

surprised that no one else has responded to this post...I would assume loads of people have this issue every day...are they just holding their kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try the parenting forum

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Any moderators want to move this post to the parenting forum...thanks.

Advertisement