Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carr to Newcastle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i am sad to see him go..but he never really got back to form after his knee injury..maybe bobby can get him back to his best...

towards the end of last season stephen kelly looked very sharp and looking forward to see more of him this season for spurs..

igor tudor might be on his way to the lane and that could help strengthen up the shoddiness of the defense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Great news from an Irish perspective. Carr wasn't happy at Spurs and he'll now be playing European football with a team capable of winning the UEFA cup. Also, Stephen Kelly is now Spurs' no.1 right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Good move for Newcastle and Carr. He has been unhappy at Spurs for ages and i think he will improve at Newcastle with UEFA Cup football. I'm a bit surprised Spurs are letting him for go for as little as £1.7million but i suppose its better then him leaving on a free at the end of the season.
    Its good new for Steven Kelly aswell as he will be first choice right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Great for the toon , as now we have strenghtened where we have been weak in previous seasons.

Just 1 centre-back and the transfers dealings this summer should be complete .

Carr is quality , and even if he goes off form he we will have a decent right-back to push him(Aran(spelt wrong) Hughes) or take his place .

and its always good to see an Irish player go to a big club that they will be a first teamer at .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Got to be honest, most Spurs fans are happy too. He's not the Steve Carr before he got injured two years ago. Stephen Kelly looked a better bet all round and is probably a better defender. Beware Barcodes, he had a wojus effect on morale at the Lane, alledgely ! I wish him well but wish Kelly even better.

Tudor for Lane !! at http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=218754&cpid=8&CLID=6&lid=&title=Tottenham+eye+Tudor+swoop

Not a bad change of defenders - here's hoping Reid and SWP join before Saturday

Jolly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Newcastle are starting to look better and better. Some more solid experienced professionalism to balance the fancy dannage. Now if they could pull a good central defender out of somewhere they'll be a real threat.

Provided Shearer makes with a little less moaning and a little more shut the hell up.

Advertisement