Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth SE HBH-600 password

• 09-08-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Bought a bluetooth headset "SE HBH-600". Works really well with my wee SE Z600.

Anyway, my question is: How do I change the default password for my headset? It asks me for it when I scan and pick it up using my mobile but at no point am I giving the option to change it.

Also, a mate of mine was able to pick up my mobile using his SE T630 (and vice-versa) using the default password of 0000. How can we change this?

Thanks!

--laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, headsets don't usually allow you to change the default password - usually you need to manually set them into 'pairing mode' in order to preform the pairing process - once done it can't be paired with again until you manually set it (back into 'pairing mode')

as for the connection between mobiles, the Bluetooth "pass key" or "pin" in this case is an ad-hoc or one-time password - it can be any number - you just have to enter the same one on both phones during the pairing process

i only set my devices to 'Visible' or 'Discoverable' when I need to pair them with another Bluetooth device or receive a (trusted) ad-hoc transmission, otherwise they are set to 'Hidden' or 'Not Discoverable' [or off if I'm not going to use it for a while] - this minimises the chance of my devices being picked up by unknown (to me) Bluetooth devices in the vicinity when they perform a search

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

thanks for that.....makes a lot more sense now!

--laoisfan

Advertisement