Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland squad for the Bulgaria match

• 09-08-2004 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr has named a 23-man squad for the friendly international with Bulgaria on Wednesday, August 18 at Lansdowne Road.

More to follow

Squad: Given (Newcastle United), Colgan (Barnsley), Kenny (Sheffield United), Finnan (Liverpool), Cunningham (Birmingham City), O'Brien (Newcastle United), Maybury (Hearts), O'Shea (Manchester United), Carr (Tottenham Hotspur), Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Breen (Sunderland), Miller (Manchester United), Quinn (Sheffield United), Keane (Manchester United), Holland (Charlton Athletic), Kavanagh (Cardiff City), Reid (Nottingham Forest), Barrett (Coventry City), Kilbane (EVerton), Duff (Chelsea), Lee (Cardiff City), Morrison (Birmingham City), Connolly (Leicester City).

Ian Harte the only notable absentee, maybe Kerr's given him time to settle in Spain. Barrett, Quinn and Maybury kept their places.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Will Liam Miller be fit for the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I was surprised to see Ian Harte missing from the squad but i hope Brian only left him out so he can settle in Spain. I would expect him to be in the squad for Cypus.
    I cant see Roy Keane playing, with United being him with injuries nearly every day i dont think Fergie would risk losing Keano in a friendly. What is the deal with Liam Miller?? when is he due back for Man United?? he is missing his chance to stake a claim in the United Midfeild.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Why does Wes Houlahan not get called up???
    Surely he is as good as someone like Kavanagh or Barrett and this would be a great time to try-out someone like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Surely he is as good as someone like Kavanagh or Barrett and this would be a great time to try-out someone like him
    Hoolahan is a left winger, Kavanagh is one of the best central midfielders we have. He might be playing in division 1 but he is definitely my first choice to partner Roy. Hoolahan may be playing in the middle for Shels in Europe but thats because they also have Moore and S.Byrne in the centre. It would be too risky playing him in the centre with Roy alone.

Anyway, this match is in the middle of Shels two most important matches in their history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Milller is fit isn't he?
    Hes meant to be playing againist Chelsea so I hope hes fit.
    With all the injuries he has a chance to make a strong name for himself in midfield, I cant see him wanting to pass up that oppurtunity for a irish friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Duff , Reid , Kilbane,Mcphail is probably the reason .
    Still id like to see wes called up , he's still young and looks a great talent .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Big Ears wrote:
    Still id like to see wes called up , he's still young and looks a great talent .

give it time..... I think he'll get a run out soon enough...

Advertisement