Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lol @ mills

Options
  • 19-04-2001 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

some good fights there last night mills smile.gif hobbes, nice team work in the last map, lots of others playing again tonight, anyhow good game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Aye some good scraps Hunter biggrin.gif As you all may have guessed that was my first proper game of T2, the new patch is allowing me to play smile.gif I think I'll stick to gameshop as much as possible now.........went to some dodgy UK server after and lameness was rife, not just newbies like me that didnt have a clue but some folks trying to shoot down their own teams vehicles as well......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

those jerks....

You know people when you do find somebody, hold that woman, hold that
    man, love him, hold him, squeeze her, please her, hold, squeeze and
    please that person, give 'em all your love, signify your feelings with
    every gentle caress, because it's so important to have that special
    somebody to hold, kiss, miss, squeeze, and please.

NARF!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Had my own fun mowing down vac twice(in row) in a shrike earlier in the games, who needs guns when you just make them go splat tongue.gif

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

i know i was like, guys set up defence and they all went sniping, wtf is it with sniping?? i though this was tribes not CS, still good games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hmm this is what happens when ppl play to much CS they think that all they have to do is snipe smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sniping isn't all that good in T2 anymore. One shot never kills unless the person is badly wounded. Sniper gun has absolutly no effect on vehicles (but you guys keep shooting my ship if it makes you feel better biggrin.gif )

Also you give your position away and it is now easier to take out a sniper either by air or land.

Sniper role is really more now for causing disruption+distraction then anything else. Kills aren't registered as your actual score so you could have 30 kills and still come up bottom on the scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

lol monty you ****, everytime i turned around monty was coming for me smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

they could of at least mad it that a shot to the head on a light armor person would be a kill, then i would say yah snipe all you want, ffs you cant even take out gens with the weapon, while you energy is recharging so is teh shields on the gen, ehh anyhow i'll be on tonight at about 9-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

lol, what do you mean it is easier to take out snipers. In a number of games I settled into one of my usual T1 roles of sniping the defence from behind/beside, drew out a few defenders to let my offence in easily, and had no trouble killing my assailants. I think alot of ppl are still thick in this game, drop a few mins infront of ure sniping location and they run right over them. No-one thinks to circle around behind. Anyway a disclauncher and plasma gun make defending ureselg rather easy, and the energy pack means you can get a great height advantage, or run if you find yourself too outnumbered.

Still the number of snipers is laughable. It is funny to go off sniper hunting. I really wish there was a melee weapon for those humiation kills, because most of the time you can step up right behind them and just stand there and you know they are still zoomed in and clueless.

My favourite role is still defence. For 10 levels straight NOTHING got through my generator defence. It got a bit boring after a while ... I think I scared em all off frown.gif

Redesigned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OSiriS:
    I really wish there was a melee weapon for those humiation kills, because most of the time you can step up right behind them and just stand there and you know they are still zoomed in and clueless.
    </font>

Its called a shocklance, you should stop O Sniping and try it out sometime smile.gif

The thing that annoys me about sniping in t2 is the amount of damage it does to heavies. Its just plain stupid imho, heavies have been nerfed a lot frown.gif
    I think the rifle is still handy for LD if you got the ping for it.

• Advertisement

yep Shocklance, the snipers nightmare.

Circle around the back of the sniper. While they are zoomed in on thier targets you hit them in the back with a shocklance and it's an instant kill, absolutly no defense. I think if you get a heavy from behind with it, it is close to or is an instant kill too.

The only downside to it is it needs a lot of energy to work, has to hit from behind for most damage. Btw two hits from a SL can take down a bomber (don't use it when your a tailgunner!)

btw, heavy in a shield pack is pretty much impervious to sniping.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 19-04-2001).]

btw, always assumed your flag is mined! ffs... I don't know how many of you guys ran over my mines. I get penalised 1 point for killing a team member so at a guess I would say I killed 8-9 of my own team because they walked over the mine and wounded a lot more.

Hate that map anyway. smile.gif As for minotaur I joined in late, so it was a little frustrating to show up at our base with an INV and all the nme are there roasting marshmellows around the campfire and everyone else shouting "I'll go for the flag!" smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought Tribes 2 yesterday and played it for the first time last night... you may have seen me on gameshop, I was the clueless muppet who didn't know what he was at, having not played tribes 1 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I stand corrected ... must try that so, thx=]

Redesigned

Advertisement