Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on a 1.6 Hyundai Coupe 2004 Reg

Options
  • 09-08-2004 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all,
    first time poster, long time reader.
    I got quoted on a 2004 1.6 Hyundai Coupe on insure.ie today for €2300(Hibernian) and €2400(Axa)
    Im 22, 5 years named experience on my mothers car. Ive had a full licence for 2 years. I said d annual mileage would be about 9000, i am a non drinker and the car will be used in kildare, 0 penalty points. The other answers I gave were quite common.

Are the above quotes considered good or should I shop around. I was actually expecting a quote to be €4000-5000 especially since the car is a 1.6 litre.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think both of those quotes will assume a 40% discount based on your performance on the Ignition test (which includes up to 1.6 litre cars).

From what I'm told, AXA also accept the Ignition test nowadays when giving discounts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a scandal that you were expecting twice the figures mentioned. Chances are they are about right. Nothing wrong with a phone-around or use a broker if you dont want to keep phoneing (depends how boring work is!).

Mike.

ps welcome onboard. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

Yeah both are dependant of completion of the Ignition Test.
    I wasn't aware of up to a 40% reduction in a premium.
    That explains why I considered the quotes relatively cheap(well, in terms of car insurance in ireland)

From what I know insure.ie is an online broker.

I was actually suprised to get a quote in the first place. Being aged 22 with only named experience on a 1.6 litre car sounds a bit un-insurable.
    Ill try a few more companies from the "Sticky" threads

Thanks for the responses.

Advertisement