Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voices On A CD

Options
  • 09-08-2004 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Ok here's the story, a friend of mine who lives in liverpool who i regularly meet up with called me last night sounding quite freaked out. She had just put in a cd that she burned weeks ago to listen to it for the umpteenth time. You know the story, a collection of her favourite songs. Anyways she got to track 3 (Dj Sammy - Heaven (Candlelight Version) and she became hysterical. Ohh the song was still on the cd, but now there was this kid's voice speaking over it. WTF?!!! I trust her completely like as she sounded uber freaked on the phone. She came online and i talked to her about it. I asked her to put it into the computer and see if the voice was still there, and it was. I then, after about an hour, managed to get her to mix it to a wma file. I got her to download windows media player 9 (she's on windows98) and she tried to copy the track. Woulnd't work... So she tried again. No... wouldn't copy. She tried to send it to me on msn over and over till it finally sent. I played it and, low and behold it wouldnt play. I finally managed to get the license from the M$ website and it played... very freaky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh wait never mind, i was all excited there, but after some research it turns out it was a special remix by kiss fm a year after 9/11, was a girl's letter to her dead father. Stupid cow must have never noticed it before. Lol, ahh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

can't believe you posted this on the paranormal board :)

Why not? for a while it sounded as if some spirit from the dead had left the voice on the cd.

I thought a post on the audio visual forum would make more sense :)

Nah think about it... the file constantly failing to send, not copying to the pc about 5 times... and ONLY that track... sounded like something really freaky altogether, as if a spirit had left the voice on the cd

• Advertisement

good one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

SheroN wrote:
    good one. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest.

No trolling in this forum, regardless of how "jovial" its intended.

Next time I'll ban.

Sorry if my original post was out of line too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Roffles

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bah I really wanted to hear it if it was a spookdyspook.

• Advertisement

It is spooky, even tho it was a remix, tis still spooky. Just imagine it's a ghost, hehe. Pm me, i'll send it to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah, now I know it's not a spooky then it's nothing special! Ta though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

you shouldn't have bothered explaining, i'd bet (or hope ) most ghost stories have a explaination (ie i was drunk on petrol at the time) but people keep that bit to themselves

Give it a rest.

No trolling in this forum, regardless of how "jovial" its intended.

Next time I'll ban.

Ok I admit it was trolling a little bit. But I think it says a lot about the paranormal board in general that people start assuming "voices" on a cd were put there by some spirit or other, before actually looking for some logical explanation on the Audio/visual board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Now that you guys have finally figured us out, there shouldnt be any need for the paranormal forum here at boards.

SheroN wrote:
    Ok I admit it was trolling a little bit. But I think it says a lot about the paranormal board in general that people start assuming "voices" on a cd were put there by some spirit or other, before actually looking for some logical explanation on the Audio/visual board.

How so? He did go looking for an explanation, and found one after only 4 minutes.

As an analogy, how many people, when their PC starts going on the blink, will post on a forum describing the problem before doing and real investigation themselves?
    Happens alot.

Horses for courses and no harm done.

Hey i didn't recognise the nick at first, Sheron... this guy likes following me around to make fun of me or troll me somewhat... it's a minor irritation but gilette after shave quickly cools it...

Hey i didn't recognise the nick at first, Sheron... this guy likes following me around to make fun of me or troll me somewhat... it's a minor irritation but gilette after shave quickly cools it...

I chose to ignore this coment as it doesn't hold water at all.

SheroN wrote:
    I chose to ignore this coment as it doesn't hold water at all.

Ok I'm closing this as I probably should have done yesterday.

Sheron, considering the post I'm quoting is a subtle troll, I should probablt ban you. I'll leave it now, but any more of this malarky and I'll do it with a song in my heart.

Achilles, toughen up a bit chum, and perhaps learn when the ignore option is a good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement