Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V300...good, bad or badder.

• 09-08-2004 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    i'm thinking of getting myself a V300. Just wondering what do people think of them. I currently have a Moto and i haven't been very impressed with it.

Also...trying to find out about unlocking.
    I'm buying it off someone, so it's locked to meteor.
    How do i go about unlocking it. If i ring up motorola will they unlock it for me....or do i go to a shop and ask them to do it??

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    sub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

A few mates have the V300 and rave about it ... what motorola do you have at the moment?

Phone Meteor on 1905 to get unlocked provided the phone has been topped up by at least €160 (AFAIK). Otherwise you could go into a store that does unlocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As regards unlocking: you either have to have topped the phone up by €130, or have it unlocked in some shop for about €20.

I personally have a v300, and use it as my daily phone.

Pros:
    - Brilliant screen
    - mp3 ringtones
    - good reception
    - iTap (I prefer iTap to T9)

Cons:
    - Software can be slow sometimes. Also, not as streamlined as older motorola software. Some functions require more clicks to accomplish the same task.
    - No bluetooth

A word of warning. If you are going to put it in some kind of case, make sure the plastic doesn't slide around on the screen, because it will cause some nasty scratches.

I would suggest looking at the V600 or E398 if you want to buy a new Motorola.

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i love my little V300, best phone iv ever had!

blah blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭subbed

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Any know of more places in dublin, that unlock mobile phones??

blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea gsmsoliutions is good, they replaced my nokia olour screen for 60 quid, really quick too. poxy location though, down batchelors walk!

Advertisement