Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Expression of Interest and Plans for Saturday, 4PM. **

Options
  • 09-08-2004 5:40pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, this saturday is another Suited Aces outing. This time we're taking over the Fitz for a 25-in Freezeout. Top prize should be in the region of 500 notes by my reckoning.

That in itself should be the usual fun, but many of you wont have been involved in the Sit-and-Go fun that the Fitz have been organising since last Thursday. Basically you arrive in, sit down and when there are enough of you you play a one table tournie freeze out for 5 or 10 quid (usually 10). Top two get paid.
    They're fast enough (40-60 mins) and pretty good fun because they are cheap. We'll be running them during the competition for those who get knocked out and still want to play some more.

Also available will be pot limit poker and small stakes cash games. The idea is that hopefully people will stick around after being knocked out and play some side games. After that (about 9pm) we'll head around to the Cellar Bar and get wangdoodled and make a night of it (we havent had a social night yet as a board, mostly cos we'd just prefer to play poker :) )

So, please let me know if you are interested in coming out to play, literally!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aces Suited

I only registered a few days ago and now everyone is bandying my name about. I have been using Aces Suited on VC Poker for a couple of months now. I think I'll have to contact my legal team about this :) or at least try to wangle a share of the rake. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

been watching your account for 3 days since you registered, was wondering what the deal was :)

Welcome to Boards! (come to our 25-in Freezeout! :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. (I'll be there :) )

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I plan on being there on Saturday, if only to bust Dev and Amp again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Stick me down!!! I'd also play a €30 game for a ticket to the €270 game if others are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I'd fncking love to play in this one, unfortunately the poxy powers that be have decided that this is inevitably not possible. Good luck with it though guys, and hopefully I'll be around to hand over my money to ye for the next one!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah the idea of a 30-pound STT for a ticket into the big game is good! I'm certainly up for it. Think of it as getting to the final table of the freeroll with average stack for only 2 rebuys and a topup. Not bad value when you think of it like that!
    Anyone else up for it?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'll buy that for a dollar...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Put me down for a shot. As long as the blinds are realistic - not like the STT the fitz runs just before the main event

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah I'd be up for a €30 STT. Would be good to avoid lightning blind increases allright.

• Advertisement

nah... I think its every 15 minutes but it will be under our control anyway so we can make them what we want.

DeV.

put me down for the €30 action as well, I feel generous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

thanks for your contribution gary. :) any more fis..<ahem> players want to sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I might have a go at it. If I'm out of the freezeout early and looking for some action.

I do what I can for the little people Luke, no thanks required

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'll take a seat at the €30 sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

I'd love to be able to come take everyones money and an easy 270 ticket but unfortunately I have to work, so you're all saved :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ill be along for the freezeout and possibly some side games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aces Suited

Thanks for the welcome. I can't get up to Dublin just now but I look forward to playing sometime soon.

If you want to play in our online league try www.thegamingclubpoker.com/suitedaces .

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Add me please. What time are we starting?

4PM registration for a 4:20 start.

DeV.

when's the €30 game on, before or after?

Iago wrote:
    when's the €30 game on, before or after?

After, we'll run as many as people want (if we get more then 10 for the first one). If necessary we'll run one before we go to the pub (if people are still involved with the final table).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Afer reading this thread title, my interest is to win, and my plan is to outdraw 6 all ins on the river

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I have never played a game of poker face to face in my life. (Only on-line, and only freebies). However, I happen to be in Dublin on Saturday, and at a loose end. I would love to play for real, there is something about the idea that really gets me going.

I therefore will attend, but I will require some hand-holding for a bit. That, and a heads-up on where this place is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 robin lacey

i'll head along for the freezeout anyway...

Jaden its opposite the ESB HQ on Fitzwilliam place. Its an old converted church.
    Coming from town on baggot street take a left onto fitzwilliam towards merrion sq.

Hope to see you all there tomorrow.

DeV.

Advertisement