Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing from 6600 "thru bluetooth pc" to printer

• 09-08-2004 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Is it possible to print from my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth, thru my PC (with a standard bluetooth dongle) to my printer? (standard USB printer)

Basically, its a peice of software that listens for prints sent via bluetooth and spools them to the printer like any app, eg: word.
    or maybe emulates a bluetooth printer and then does the actions above.
    Does such a software exist??

any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the Series 60 Printing Tool uses the Basic Print Profile which is really only implemented in supporting Bluetooth printers or adapters that connect directly to the printer

the device you are sending the 'print job' to needs to support this particular profile in order for it to work (e.g. a supporting printer), I haven't come across a Windows implementation that can handle BPP connections for routing to a connected printer

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

thx for reply. i searched the net for an hour but could only find answers regarding hardware bluetooth printer adapters.
    Im sure its not impossible to do, i would also write a program, only dont know much re bluetooth, and i really wouldnt have a great use for it, just handy to have i thought.

Advertisement